OT: Hey gang

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Trade Legwand is definitely Jonesy.

The Farmington stuff I'm sure started on the old Preds boards. Maybe not the original, old, old boards, but the old ones. Oh and another random bit about those boards from back in the day, just before going to the new boards (but not the new, new boards which are terrible), but I was the infamous one star voter. Recall the voting system where you could rate posts with 1-5 stars, it started innocent enough. Must have been '04 or '05, right before the boards switched to the newer ones, a few regulars complained that some posts had been voted one star, being younger and a bit of a prank streak in me, I started voting nearly every post thereafter as one star, I think Patty Pred was about to have one of those cartoon steam coming out of her ears moments. Of course it got way out of hand, and eventually I wasn't even voting any longer and there had to be copycat voters doing the work for me. Then the boards switched after a couple of months and everyone forgot about it soon enough. ;)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We had some good threads on there.

The Farmington story actually predates my arrival there. I am from Lewisburg and there's a place called Farmington near there--little wide place in the road. I kept seeing all this stuff about Farmington and thought that was where you were talking about til someone clued me in. :-D

I'm still friends with a lot of the people I met on those boards. Fun place in its heyday.

BluesConvert

Wait, what?
Aug 21, 2003
Nashville
Oh God...the 1-star voter. I would have no CLUE who the copycat could have been...

JW! Good to 'see" you old friend. :) Same old same old here. Trying to find dark clear skies when I can. *heh*

DCPS : Nah, no GBUs. Its time was up when the city paper declared them "must read". *heh* Took all the fun out of them.

Speaking of the old boards....it's amusing (to me at least) to note that one of the old traditions seems to still be alive elsewhere. I rather publicly declared FF9 to be a classic tweener who'd never amount to much at the NHL level. *woops*

When that became a "running gag", I then jokingly declared he should be benched...right before his back to back hat tricks.

It's a gift, I guess. :)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oh god. CC is going to show up, and I'm going to have to abuse my power in all kinds of awful ways. :sarcasm:

Good to see ya, BC.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think I could handle CC before i could bama or tennscsports

Im pretty sure bama wanted to fight me before a game and tnsc used to argue medicine with me

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Yeah the Farmington stuff was old np boards before they were overhauled. I posted there as burnlikestars.

I played inline hockey a Few times with some of you. I know for sure bluesconvert, and I believe Adz - if she has a son who was a draft runner with a flames jersey, and a guy named something along the lines of Abbodon?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah the Farmington stuff was old np boards before they were overhauled. I posted there as burnlikestars.

I played inline hockey a Few times with some of you. I know for sure bluesconvert, and I believe Adz - if she has a son who was a draft runner with a flames jersey, and a guy named something along the lines of Abbodon?

I was Admiral18z32 over on those boards. (18z = Halsey. Adam Hall wore 18 then. I never considered his LEAVING and making me Santorelli-Z or Neal-Z.) Adzy was taken at the time (!) so I became Adz over here.

Abaddon is still around but he doesn't post--or so he says, sometimes I wonder. We've gone to a number of games together this past season. He does create havoc on the NP facebook pages, though. :laugh:

Yep, that was my son, aka GoalieBoy. He used to collect jerseys--now he sticks with the Preds. He's 25 now and is heading to Japan to teach in about 3 months. Daughter Jailbait has a daughter who'll be 8 this month. Time flies!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Since we are waxing poetic about posters past, I'll ask of anyone has heard from Seth Lake? He hasn't posted here in well over a year.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Since we are waxing poetic about posters past, I'll ask of anyone has heard from Seth Lake? He hasn't posted here in well over a year.

I'm FB friends with him, I think he had to scale back a lot of his internet use due to some ongoing health issues. But he seems to be doing well and is still following the team.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
CC had no interest in actually fighting as it turns out..... I did meet him, he's actually friends with some here, I won't call those out. In real life, he's a funny guy, just likes to push buttons and talk sgut here. The night I met him, I was with hipcheck85 and he was actually with a guy I coached travel hockey with, pretty funny night.

what ever happened to quartermaster?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
He's still around. I'm friends with him and Quartermistress on Facebook. He still follows the Preds but I don't think they go to the games much. I think she's homeschooling the boys now--maybe it was just one of them. Anyway, I'm sure that takes a lot of time out of their day!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm FB friends with him, I think he had to scale back a lot of his internet use due to some ongoing health issues. But he seems to be doing well and is still following the team.

glad to hear. I don't have facebook, so if you don't mind just tell him I said hey. Thanks

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
CC had no interest in actually fighting as it turns out..... I did meet him, he's actually friends with some here, I won't call those out. In real life, he's a funny guy, just likes to push buttons and talk sgut here. The night I met him, I was with hipcheck85 and he was actually with a guy I coached travel hockey with, pretty funny night.

what ever happened to quartermaster?

He's still around. I'm friends with him and Quartermistress on Facebook. He still follows the Preds but I don't think they go to the games much. I think she's homeschooling the boys now--maybe it was just one of them. Anyway, I'm sure that takes a lot of time out of their day!

I guess Cabin Boy must be in high school if not college... geez time flies

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I guess Cabin Boy must be in high school if not college... geez time flies

Not college. I'm thinking it's middle school. I remember when he was born--I met him in 2003 I guess, so I don't think he's older than 13 or so and Cabin Boy II (he had a name for him, too, but I can't remember it now) is around 11 from the pictures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad