Who would you rather have as GM today?

• Total voters

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's freakin' October.
People, get a f---n life!

How many draft misses does Hextall have? Like say Zacha?
How many of those hot shot prospects aren't progressing (maybe not as fast as some ants in the pants posters would like)?
How many bad trades? Bad free agent signings?

Could Hextall be more aggressive? Sure.
But it's October - if he makes a move, you'll find out after it happens.

What bad coach has won a Cup without generational talent?

Reactions: kelmitchell

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If only that would happen...

It just sucks, bad ause I WANT the Flyers to win, but know that to get rid of Hak or to have changes made, they need to lose.

I just can't root for loses in October.

I changed my pick em to Flyers and bet on them today too, like you I cant cheer for losses. Just have to hope Hexy admits he was wrong on Hak even if we start to win.

Playoffs this year, another shit kicking in the first round, and then he is fired is perfect for me.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If only that would happen...

It just sucks, bad ause I WANT the Flyers to win, but know that to get rid of Hak or to have changes made, they need to lose.

I just can't root for loses in October.

It solves itself, by definition, if the Flyers win, and win in the playoffs, Hakstol is a good coach, no problem.
And if they don't win, he's fired, no problem, at least until the Hive discovers the identity of the next coach and the stingers come out.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's freakin' October.
People, get a f---n life!

How many draft misses does Hextall have? Like say Zacha?
How many of those hot shot prospects aren't progressing (maybe not as fast as some ants in the pants posters would like)?
How many bad trades? Bad free agent signings?

Could Hextall be more aggressive? Sure.
But it's October - if he makes a move, you'll find out after it happens.

Draft misses? Looks good so far. But Zacha was drafted in 2015. It's not like he is a finished product. Just like Sanheim in 2014 isn't. Or Hagg from 2013, right?

Good prospects usually progress.

Bad trades? When you are a seller, it's easy to trade for futures.

Bad FA? Well, he has yet to do a good one. JVR looks good on paper right now and we can say it's good. But all other ones, have they been good?

Dead...you see that we have a glaring hole in net. You are also smart enough to know that anything can happen with Hart....bad year....injury. Going and adding a goalie has been a need that Hex has not filled last year, or this year. And we have no solution for next year either. Go get a goalie to help this team AND Hak.

You have said before we don't have enough spots for everyone in the future. Everyone can see that. So why not use a few to fill holes today to bridge to next wave of kids? And again, not rentals, but 2-3 year guys. Then they can still be moved later if we wish without any issue. Upgrade in Elliott. Upgrade on AMac.

Why is that such a bad idea?

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It solves itself, by definition, if the Flyers win, and win in the playoffs, Hakstol is a good coach, no problem.
And if they don't win, he's fired, no problem, at least until the Hive discovers the identity of the next coach and the stingers come out.
Teams can win with a bad coach. Teams can also lose with a good coach.

We have seen teams "tune out" good coaches. It happens.

From the 4 years of seeing Hak, do you think can out coach the other teams coach? I have not. He chased matchup that we were losing to Pitt. He just has not shown that he can adapt QUICKLY AND IN THE RIGHT WAY.

I said it before, he gets in his own way more times than he fixes things. And if you were true to yourself and what you see, you know it too. But you won't admit it because you have dug yourself such a hole, there is no turning back.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You need to stop lying. Your last sentence has been proven false. You know it is. You choose to say it anyway.

You are willingly being a liar.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Love the argument about us making the playoffs. Over half the league gets in. Literally middle of the pack teams make it to the playoffs. We needed Giroux to literally carry us last year. Then got dummied by the penguins. Congrats on making the postseason and losing immediately. You use that as an accomplishment. It’s not. Winning a round is. Coaching more than anything really needs to be at the highest level there which we clearly saw it wasn’t. This f***ing stupid narrative like we are a hive and other shit is tiresome. Maybe the fans want to see improvement on ice. Great, we have the prospects. All of them won’t be able to hit nor play on our team. Use them as assets to better the team. There’s been too much of the same around this team. If you can’t see it there’s no hope.

Flyers are in s position where they could improve this team dramatically. The idea that our prospects will be the cure isn’t logical. What if Hart struggles? What do we do next year? I’ve been a fan of going and getting a goalie. No idea where or how but it shouldn’t be ignored because we have Hart. The plan doesn’t work if you don’t use some assets to bring in established players. The prospects aren’t going to all make this team.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm still trying to figure out the identity of this Hak coached team? Vegas has one 2 seasons into their history. ...wtf is ours these last 4? Boring?

Reactions: Ruck Over

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

So the Flyers lost two playoff rounds before but if they win one now Hakstol is a good coach? That doesn't make any logical sense.

One can or should be able to analyze his individual efforts to determine his quality of coaching. Do you honestly believe Lappy is a good PK coach even though the results are awful? A logical person would replace the easiest part of an equation before attempting a different solution.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Homer was more entertaining but he gave Hextall a mess of contracts to clean up. While cleaning up the contract mess Hextall has built a solid team with a lot of very high potential prospects. You get rid of Hak and bring in a good coach and it will give us a better understanding of where the Flyers truly are right now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextalls superiors need to put some pressure on him. The on ice reduction is not good enough. Fix it.

Like when Snyder put pressure on Holmgren to get a goalie? Giving up on Bob and getting Bryz worked out great. :sarcasm:

Btw, what did you think of the Petry for Sanheim + pick deal that was offered in the trade thread?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out the identity of this Hak coached team? Vegas has one 2 seasons into their history. ...wtf is ours these last 4? Boring?

Yes Vegas as an identity,
Problem similar in some ways to the Flyers of the 70's/80's/

We've lost our identity, unless mediocre and boring is a thing.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Hex has Hakstol. Homer had Stevens and Berube.

The reason this rebuild is taking so long is because of Holmgren’s short sighted approach to management.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Isn't there a fire Hakstol thread?
I mean I don't have to read Beef, he has three posts that he repeats hundreds of times. Worse than a Trump speech.

We're 4-4, that's good enough for now.
Fix some issues, we go on a run. Find a goalie, we win a playoff round. Not a great goalie, just someone with a S% > .900.
And if not, we get a new coach.

Don't know why y'all put so much angst into it. It's not like Sullivan could take this team to the SC Finals without Murray at his peak. He couldn't take a much better Penguins team there last year. So no coach is going to make a big difference until we get a legitimate starting goaltender.

Coaches are overrated, Trotz failed in Nashville, won in Washington, Lavi is still falling short in Nashville.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Isn't there a fire Hakstol thread?
I mean I don't have to read Beef, he has three posts that he repeats hundreds of times. Worse than a Trump speech.

We're 4-4, that's good enough for now.
Fix some issues, we go on a run. Find a goalie, we win a playoff round. Not a great goalie, just someone with a S% > .900.
And if not, we get a new coach.

Don't know why y'all put so much angst into it. It's not like Sullivan could take this team to the SC Finals without Murray at his peak. He couldn't take a much better Penguins team there last year. So no coach is going to make a big difference until we get a legitimate starting goaltender.

You are reading the same thing over and over because you're too afraid to address my points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad