Friedman: Hextall looking to bring in a right handed defenseman

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
John Carlson, the guy the Flyers should've drafted in the first place if Holmgren didn't want Steve freaking Eminger so bad.

AHHHHHHHH

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
A dcore involving carlson provorov and ghost would be crazy. Sure Carlson will get a massive raise, but having ghost only making 4.5 for quite a while makes it a doable option IMO

Philly is already one of my favorite teams to watch but if they can snag another unreal dman, i would love it

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
1st + Provanov.

Well, I'm not familiar with Provanov (he must be someone we took in the 6th or 7th round or something) but if the price is just a first and someone I've never heard of then I'm down with it

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Are they looking for a puck moving RHD? A top pair RHD? A depth RHD? A physical/PK'ing RHD? What exactly are we talking about?

Their current D heading into next season

Left-side

Provorov
Sanheim
MacDonald
Hagg
Morin (IR until February)

Right side

Gostisbehere
Gudas
MacDonald
Hagg

Probable D pairs

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
MacDonald - Hagg

Morin (IR)

So it appears they want an upgrade on MacDonald or Hagg on the bottom pair and since both of them are stay-at-home types, the will want someome that can move the puck efficiently.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
No doubt Trouba would cost, but not a better player who's younger and has way higher upside.

If you're thinking Provorov, then we're thinking Laine.
i never said Provorov all i said is Trouba will cost the flyers a real good player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad