Friedman: Hextall looking to bring in a right handed defenseman

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I wonder what the Flames would want in exchange for Dougie Hamilton?
We'd have to pay a whole bunch for Dougie. Likely young NHL talent and not necessarily futures.

If Hextall was willing to pay the price for Dougie, I would rather him pay a bit more and try for Karlsson.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
We'd have to pay a whole bunch for Dougie. Likely young NHL talent and not necessarily futures.

If Hextall was willing to pay the price for Dougie, I would rather him pay a bit more and try for Karlsson.
Yeah, the Flames core is ready to go; I'd be very surprised if they tried to retool or extend the rebuild by trading a young top pairing dman for assets that won't be useful for multiple years.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Well they do have the picks in their aresenal to get it done. Probably not for an Karlsson mind you, but they can probably get a solid Top 4 guy. Thinking maybe Rubtsov, the 14th Pick, and something else could bring a good return.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Again different situations. Cap crunch RFA vs a team that is not in cap issues. And I don’t care how homerish this sounds, Ivan Provorov is already the better of the two being discussed here. There’s no chance the Flyers trade Provorov is a deal.
Cool. If you insist on us being cap crunched, ask for an expendable player making a lot of money instead of a core player. Trouba is not under threat of being moved because of cap reasons; others will be moved to make room for him.

Also, what makes Provorov better? Your opinion is not exactly the most convincing of arguments.

Reactions: Snowman

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Cool. If you insist on us being cap crunched, ask for an expendable player making a lot of money instead of a core player. Trouba is not under threat of being moved because of cap reasons; others will be moved to make room for him.

Also, what makes Provorov better? Your opinion is not exactly the most convincing of arguments.
How about being a #1 Dman since the age of 19 and leading the league in goals for Dmen at the age of 20/21 all while not getting top PP time?

Anyways, this doesn't need to get into a pissing match. Both are great D.

I don't see the Flyers pushing for that level of Dman anyways. I could see a Stone like trade so the Flames can get another pick to this draft, something they lack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad