Hextall. An amazing job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
That's a valid argument. I guess I'm just coming from the standpoint of we need to ride this touted A+ goaltending prospect rather than provide a buffer in the event he fails. I don't think we can have it both ways. If Hart doesn't pan out then that is a huge piece in this "process" that needs to be addressed but to bring in a FA agent "star" goalie next offseason like Bob or Rinne (just using the top 2 available FAs as examples) would be a waste of cap space that can be applied elsewhere when the intention needs to be for your blue-chip goaltending prospect to take the net. I would also be skeptical that a "proven star goalie" would sign in Philadelphia anyhow with the plan of Hart being the #1 goalie being the intended path forward.

you have to have a plan b especially when it comes to goaltending because they are very unpredicable and hard to replace. that's why you see great teams that lose their starting goalies go to the tank because their backups arent as good, meaning goalies are not easy to find, if hart isnt ready or isnt good, then you are ready putting the team in a bad situation.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
you have to have a plan b especially when it comes to goaltending because they are very unpredicable and hard to replace. that's why you see great teams that lose their starting goalies go to the tank because their backups arent as good, meaning goalies are not easy to find, if hart isnt ready or isnt good, then you are ready putting the team in a bad situation.

I think with goalies you can never have enough. That is why i love that Hexy has drafted atleast 1 every year. I hope this is a model that we employ forever. Draft a goalie every year. Because so much can change year to year. Just look at matt Murray. Won the pens two cups, hasn't looked that good ever since.

Another example of an organization that invested heavily goaltending is the Caps. They had two young studs in Varlamov and Neuvirth and Holtby was an ahl prospect at the time considered to not be in the team's future plans.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's worth noting that Mason did play 12 years at the highest level. That takes a toll over time. And for most goalies, the clock is ticking down to oblivion once they turn 27.

It leads to hopelessness in the case of Neuvirth. The chances of a renaissance are extremely slim. Likewise for Elliott. Similarly, Stolarz is getting into "deep concern" territory where his chances of breaking in and having even 5 years of decent NHL play are going to be diminishing fast.

So let's go Hart!

Reactions: JPS and hatcher

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would have no problem if they gave Neuvirth a start once he is healthy. If he plays well, give him another one. If he gets hurt, put him on IR.

You can't count on him, but you may as well try and get use out of him in his final season here.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
With the reduction of pad sizes it should be more how many shots until he breaks? 2 ? 3?

That's a really good point - he is ****ed.

nKjW5u.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Jakes NHL career has exceeded expectations.

He competed for the Art Ross in his age 25 season (most NHL forwards peak seasons are around 23-26) when he led the league in scoring 3/4 of the way before ultimately finishing tied for 4th with Ovechkin behind only Benn, Crosby, and Tavares.

2014-15 NHL Summary | Hockey-Reference.com

Over the last 5 seasons, he has the 15th most points in the NHL.

NHL Player Stats in Last 5 Seasons

2 top 15 scorers....yet not enough.

My only question is who wrote that for him ?? :)

Was a pretty good post

That was clearly copy/pasted from elsewhere.

Just spelling and grammar gave it away.

Just getting caught up....and agreed. Hatch doesn't use stats at all either. Someone else did that. Wonder who?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
2 top 15 scorers....yet not enough.

Just getting caught up....and agreed. Hatch doesn't use stats at all either. Someone else did that. Wonder who?
it was a friend on another message board. He's like other on here that take more time then I would when it's just easier to say it's a bad product.

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well he only shows up when the team is losing, disappears when they’re winning, and literally only complains about the good players, so his intentions are obvious.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Well he only shows up when the team is losing, disappears when they’re winning, and literally only complains about the good players, so his intentions are obvious.
Wants that wanting different players and a fun product? This is the worst it's been in Philly by far.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

I agree a Plan B would be preferable, but I guess that’s Sandstrom. It’s so hard to have a Plan B when Plan A is a prospect and the world knows he’s their real hope. Nobody of any real ambition will sign here knowing this, so the other option is to develop.

Reactions: hatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad