Confirmed with Link: He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack.........

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Per JR

@jprutherford: #stlblues announce they have agreed to a 1-yr deal with defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo pending a physical

https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/400334021520932864

In before he hurts himself taking it.

My thoughts:
tumblr_ll1sphjQ2J1qdlkgg.gif

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Cole will get the Lions share of the minutes. Carlo is a warm body and hasn't always been horrendous. Am I the only one that this doesn't bother?

Cole wont play at all know. Cola will play all the minutes until he gets injured.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Thank god we didn't sign Gusarov.

I still believe Cole plays above Colaiacovo, this is just added depth as our 7th would've been Chorney.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If Colaiacovo plays over Cole then I'm going to be pissed. If the organization doesn't trust Cole then ****ing trade him or something.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
THIS JUST IN: Colaiacovo fell off the treadmill during the physical. Out 8 weeks.

Seriously though, this isn't such a bad move. Cole hasn't exactly looked adept at outlet passes. I expect them to flip flop game to game depending on what we need against which team. That is... until Colaiacovo sustains an injury.

...at least someone can resurrect the Colaiacovo report. It's once again relevant.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
LOL. I can't believe he is back. Wow.

I guess it's better than Chorney though...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'd much rather have Cola back than give Chorney or Fairchild minutes. I hope that Cole plays above him, but if Colaiacovo(the worst part of this is remembering how the hell to spell his name) takes Cole's spot by outplaying him in practice, then so be it. If he comes in and is a complete dumpster fire while Cole sits in the press box game after game, that's when I'll have a problem.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
THIS JUST IN: Colaiacovo fell off the treadmill during the physical. Out 8 weeks.

Seriously though, this isn't such a bad move. Cole hasn't exactly looked adept at outlet passes. I expect them to flip flop game to game depending on what we need against which team. That is... until Colaiacovo sustains an injury.

...at least someone can resurrect the Colaiacovo report. It's once again relevant.

Aaaaaaaaaand done.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I think it's strictly an insurance policy. Cole is the #6. The only thing that becomes clear from this signing was that this quote from the paper this morning from Armstrong was a total lie.

“I think we’ll go with six defensemen for a while,” Armstrong said. “I don’t want to take players out of Chicago at this particular time. I want to keep guys playing, so when we need them, they’re ready to go. That’s our depth right now and hopefully we’re not going to (need) another player for a while. But if we do, we certainly have confidence in those guys.”

And really I don't blame them. When you look at the options, they have no veteran AHL defenseman good enough to play for an extended period time if something happens to Cole and the prospects aren't ready.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I know this is down the road but what happens when Leopold comes back? Who goes?

I mean by that point Colaiacovo will have probably already injured himself for the next 2 seasons combined, but you never know.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I was actually expecting us to "trade" for Whitney from the Panthers today. As long as Ian Cole has the spot to lose then this is a decent move.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I know this is down the road but what happens when Leopold comes back? Who goes?

I mean by that point Colaiacovo will have probably already injured himself for the next 2 seasons combined, but you never know.

I guess it would depend on who's playing the best between Cole and Colaiacovo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad