Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
QxVk7A4.gif

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
This dude really really loves hockey. He’ll be 38 this season and has made over $40M in career earnings and he’s back again for another season in the AHL.
I think he just really wants to win a championship. Plus, lots of former Hershey players and coaches love the area and all it provides for their families. Bruce lives in Hershey again from what I’ve heard. Maybe he’s a short term option to be behind Hershey’s bench until they can reevaluate candidates next year? Carbery moving on to Toronto so late really throws a wrench in their plans as a lot of outside candidates were already hired by other organizations. Really hoping they don’t give it to Patrick Wellar like the nostalgic fans are clamoring for.

Also, I’d suspect a high quality AHL forward signing today as part of free agency for Hershey. Gotta surround the young guys with some offensive help with the possibility of some Hershey forwards graduating.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I think he just really wants to win a championship. Plus, lots of former Hershey players and coaches love the area and all it provides for their families. Bruce lives in Hershey again from what I’ve heard. Maybe he’s a short term option to be behind Hershey’s bench until they can reevaluate candidates next year? Carbery moving on to Toronto so late really throws a wrench in their plans as a lot of outside candidates were already hired by other organizations. Really hoping they don’t give it to Patrick Wellar like the nostalgic fans are clamoring for.

Also, I’d suspect a high quality AHL forward signing today as part of free agency for Hershey. Gotta surround the young guys with some offensive help with the possibility of some Hershey forwards graduating.
I was thinking the same about BB as a possible choice behind the bench for the Bears. I also heard that he had moved back to the Hershey area. He's doing well as the talking head/spokesperson on the NHL Network as well as a weekly call in on the XM morning drivetime hockey show, but you can tell coaching is his first love.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
How the hell is Bruce not coaching somewhere already.

I think its NHL or bust for Bruce, and despite winning at all three stops, a 4th stop can be tough to get. I imagine if an opening pops up mid season he'll be one of the strongest candidates considered.

I doubt he'd ever coach in the minors again... probably just be a TV guy instead.

Reactions: tenken00

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Allen makes sense given his experience and the fact that it’s so late in the process.

Wonder if Louis Robitaille interviewed at all. He’s seen as an up and comer and falls under the Bruce coaching tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad