Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
@hb11xchamps

How surprised are you that Maillet got called as a black ace, if at all? He's not a guy I've thought about much.
Pretty surprised. I would have thought that Sgarbossa would have been the more veteran center call up, especially since he is going to be back in Hershey next season. Maybe Sgarbossa and a few others declined invites and Maillet saw it as an opportunity to earn another NHL 2-way deal.

Reactions: Marshall

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Geisser and Riat starting the year in the Swiss League.

Former Bears HC Mark French becomes HC of the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL if there is an ECHL season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The DEL is a great league to go watch games if you ever get a chance. They do a good job and the teams are supported.
Lots of former Bears end up there. Steve Pinizzotto and Keith Aucoin both won multiple DEL Championships there after their runs with Hershey. Only negative I've ever heard about the league was the refs being god awful and pretty anti hitting

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hopefully there is a season for him to come back to... Moulson deserves to go out the right way.
The December start date should definitely help. I'm sure there's some other plans to push the date back again if there's another outbreak.

Even if he isn't close to being what he one was, the amount of knowledge and guidance he brings to the young kids is extremely valuable.

Reactions: Capagonia

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Question about the AHL-CHL agreement:
Do players have to be 20 before the season starts or the second they turn 20 they can play? Because I want to know if McMichael or Protas have a shot at AHL hockey this year

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Question about the AHL-CHL agreement:
Do players have to be 20 before the season starts or the second they turn 20 they can play? Because I want to know if McMichael or Protas have a shot at AHL hockey this year
Neither have a shot. There's a cutoff date for their birthdays and both miss it. Only way they can play AHL hockey is after their junior seasons end and they join on an Amateur Try Out for the Calder Cup Playoffs

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Neither have a shot. There's a cutoff date for their birthdays and both miss it. Only way they can play AHL hockey is after their junior seasons end and they join on an Amateur Try Out for the Calder Cup Playoffs
so i guess we'll probably see at least one of them for the calder cup playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad