Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic Talk

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Really? I love having Leafs to watch on a slow Sunday. I mean unless you actually have plans at 4 pm I don't see why you'd purposely not watch :(
The nascar race starts at 3:30 so I will probably end up flipping back and forth………drives my wife nuts

Reactions: Optimist

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I generally watch every game every single season, but the goaltenders have really sucked the excitement and fun out of the games for me as of late. Even a routine play into our own zone, I get scared that even a simple play is going to end up in the back of their net, which it usually happens.

I think Campbell will eventually rebound and do a hell of a lot better, but I think that Mrazek is toast. I don’t think his issue is mental, his positioning is horrendous, overly aggressive and overplays the puck, just so awkward and always out of position. He hasn’t broken out of any funk because he’s sucked the entire season, I think he’s had maybe one good game, but his save percentage hasn’t been above .900% once this season for the total. His numbers this season look like they belong to a career AHL back-up goaltender filling in for two injured regular season NHL goaltenders, that’s exactly what his stats look like. Not going to bother watching this game most likely.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Screenshot_20220313-121939_Sheets.jpg

Reactions: therealkoho

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
How in the hell are we having a toronto Buffalo outdoor game before a Toronto vs. Montreal? Leafs have a good record in these games so hoping for a decisive W but hey it’s the leafs lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It’s also so NHL for the Sabres to be the home team in a game against the Leafs in Hamilton.

it doesn’t matter at the end of the day, but still hilarious

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Real shame that Simmonds is still in the line-up and Robby was taken out. Simmonds isn't even that physical anymore. The fourth line with both Spezza and Simmonds playing has been really bad this season.
Pretty close to home for him, but I’d like to see Robby too.
Kerf should be enough two-way talent to cover for them.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
How in the hell are we having a toronto Buffalo outdoor game before a Toronto vs. Montreal? Leafs have a good record in these games so hoping for a decisive W but hey it’s the leafs lol
Not sure, but there used to be a rail line that travelled between Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo I believe.

Reactions: D00bis

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I generally watch every game every single season, but the goaltenders have really sucked the excitement and fun out of the games for me as of late. Even a routine play into our own zone, I get scared that even a simple play is going to end up in the back of their net, which it usually happens.

I think Campbell will eventually rebound and do a hell of a lot better, but I think that Mrazek is toast. I don’t think his issue is mental, his positioning is horrendous, overly aggressive and overplays the puck, just so awkward and always out of position. He hasn’t broken out of any funk because he’s sucked the entire season, I think he’s had maybe one good game, but his save percentage hasn’t been above .900% once this season for the total. His numbers this season look like they belong to a career AHL back-up goaltender filling in for two injured regular season NHL goaltenders, that’s exactly what his stats look like. Not going to bother watching this game most likely.
Based on your GDT posts, an iced puck sucks the fun out of games for you.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
So what’s the rational behind starting Mrazek again? What makes Keefe think he’s not going to be terrible again like he’s been all season?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
So what’s the rational behind starting Mrazek again? What makes Keefe think he’s not going to be terrible again like he’s been all season?
The team has invested in him. Have to hope he can rebound for the good of the team (or for trade value purposes in the future).

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
1647197136367.png

These bad boys would have been nice for today's heritage look as well. Basically the double stripe at the waist and the outline on a more classic version of the Leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad