Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic Talk

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I expect another Leafs loss in this game. The Sabres will over perform, while our Leafs will allow themselves to be outworked.

Someone should tell our team that Babcock has already been fired. Unless, it's Shanahan, Dubas, and Keefe, that are their next targets !!!

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Well for Mrazek this is his make or break game. If he flops again I don't see anyway we keep running with him
In most cases I would agree with you, but with it being an outdoor game and how unpredictable they can be I’d extend the leash just a bit more unless it’s a total clown show tomorrow

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
In most cases I would agree with you, but with it being an outdoor game and how unpredictable they can be I’d extend the leash just a bit more unless it’s a total clown show tomorrow
I think the coaching staff will be inclined to agree with you. Though personally, I don't see any reason to not give Kallgren a chance and see where it takes us. We have no expectations for him anyways, he just needs to be above .880

Reactions: Vaive50

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Love the lines.

2nd line looked good with Kase in their 1 or 2gms together so hopefully that works again, so Spezza can move over to the wing permanently.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Always find its sloppy hockey....also hate the bad ice surfaces. Wanna get through this without injuries.
Not sure if im hoping for Mrazek to have a good game or a meltdown. Meltdown would at least force Dubas' hand in getting a better goalie Id think.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Always find its sloppy hockey....also hate the bad ice surfaces. Wanna get through this without injuries.
Not sure if im hoping for Mrazek to have a good game or a meltdown. Meltdown would at least force Dubas' hand in getting a better goalie Id think.
Sloppy hockey probably works out in our favour. In an unstructured environment I would imagine raw talent and skill wins out. I also don't think Mrazek's performance matters anymore. Dubas if that was his prerogative would be in on a goalie already no matter what Mrazek does today.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
He's just gotta settle down in goal. Stop moving so much and being so aggressive. How he's been successful as long as he has been is beyond me.
This requires coaching, something that us lacking on this team. How many goalies do we see fail here before we realize that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad