Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic Talk

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Probably this will be a game I skip. I do not like these gimmick games as on poster already said the ice will be sloppy and the game is usually crap

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Sloppy hockey probably works out in our favour. In an unstructured environment I would imagine raw talent and skill wins out. I also don't think Mrazek's performance matters anymore. Dubas if that was his prerogative would be in on a goalie already no matter what Mrazek does today.
Unfortunately it’s not likely to be that kind of sloppy. The main reason it’s sloppy is because the ice is crap, bad ice means dump and chase, shoot from anywhere and crash the net looking for tips and rebounds - not exactly our strong points.

Skill plays will be difficult, hard to control the puck stick handling and tough to make clean passes. Getting out to a good start before the ice goes completely to hell will be key.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Going to miss the game, bell service is down in my area :) they can't send a technician til about 4-8 so..hoping someone can come by at 4 ish and hopefully fix it

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Hopefully cleaner game today. Now that my anger towards Mrazek has worn off, my ignorance towards the D has evaporated. 2 v 4 on goal 1, too easy of a time for Galchenyuk in the zone. He was free to do whatever he wants which includes go tap the puck in. On the second goal there's no D at all. 2 on 1 unfolds, puck moves snow like a snail on the shot. Why are 2 of our players just blowing by the crease puck watching too. Scoop that thing. Slides by boosh, Mik makes a weak attempt to get it, on top of that Nash slides in between 3 Leafs. Even if Mrazeks stick got it, Nash is there uncontested to tap it in anyways.

They need to clean that up. It's starting to make sense why Keefe stopped putting all the blame on the goalies.

Attachments

• lolklooloOd.png
    lolklooloOd.png
    431.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Wow
Reactions: DraftSchmaft

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Hopefully cleaner game today. Now that my anger towards Mrazek has worn off, my ignorance towards the D has evaporated. 2 v 4 on goal 1, too easy of a time for Galchenyuk in the zone. He was free to do whatever he wants which includes go tap the puck in. On the second goal there's no D at all. 2 on 1 unfolds, puck moves snow like a snail on the shot. Why are 2 of our players just blowing by the crease puck watching too. Scoop that thing. Slides by boosh, Mik makes a weak attempt to get it, on top of that Nash slides in between 3 Leafs. Even if Mrazeks stick got it, Nash is there uncontested to tap it in anyways.

They need to clean that up. It's starting to make sense why Keefe stopped putting all the blame on the goalies.
Oh wow pucks not even in the net yet here and he's all alone for whatever possibility happens next.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Probably this will be a game I skip. I do not like these gimmick games as on poster already said the ice will be sloppy and the game is usually crap
Really? I love having Leafs to watch on a slow Sunday. I mean unless you actually have plans at 4 pm I don't see why you'd purposely not watch :(

Reactions: aingefan

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

On the bright side, the ice at the ACC is already horrible, so we should be used to it!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
so anybody know how to attach a GIF?
20140101_jla_af2_118.0.jpg

click image button then link icon. paste url of gif.

Also...they said the Leafs are the last Canadian team in a winter classic. Wasn't this the winter classic in 2014?

edit...Oh Heritage Classic. Uhm...I guess the uniforms are the difference right?

Reactions: therealkoho

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Never going to happen……that would be the ultimate insult to Mrazek and Keefe is smart not to open that can of worms
I thought Keefe's words were pretty telling... ""We thought a lot about it," Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said. "We talked a lot about it." The fact they had a long conversation about whether to start a guy that has one period of nhl experience says how the team is feeling about their goalies right now. Hopefully Mraz isn't going to let the pressure get to him but HUGE game for his future as a Leaf I suspect.

Reactions: Racer88

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
20140101_jla_af2_118.0.jpg

click image button then link icon. paste url of gif.

Also...they said the Leafs are the last Canadian team in a winter classic. Wasn't this the winter classic in 2014?

edit...Oh Heritage Classic. Uhm...I guess the uniforms are the difference right?
Winter classic is New Year’s Day game, Heritage classic, has a Canadian team involved, and not New Year’s Day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00