Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic - Ottawa at Vancouver Sunday, March 2 at BC Place @ 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Why pay more for an outdoor game that isn't even outdoors. I'd only go for the atmosphere and it'll probably be dead quiet in there if it's like the Rogers Arena atmosphere.
What is there to cheer for? Team sucks.

I still want to go to the game, but I don't know if I can justify coming up from Seattle for it.

Wish Seattle would get a team. :(

ArchSloth

Oct 21, 2009
Calgary
tickets finally arrived

Good thing too.

Am heading out to spend a few days in Tofino before heading to Vancouver for the game. wasn't going to be home to sign for the tickets based on Canada Post practices.

As to the detractors for the game.

Is it a true rivalry? no. but no more than Montreal-Edmonton or Montreal-Calgary.

I, for one, am just glad to be able to take in this type of experience, regardless of the cost.

A great father-son experience where I don't have to stuff my boots and mitts with hotpockets or wear a snowmobile suit!

If it rains and the roof is closed, who cares? They can just open the vents surrounding BC Place and it will still allow air to circulate.

Plus the opportunity to see some of the 1994 team that really kicked off fandom for many a Canucks fan.

As I said, too good an opportunity to pass up.

Wetcoaster

At practise today Eddie Lack breaking in his Heritage Classic gear:

BhBneQBCIAALqu-.jpg

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Eddie Lack Heritage Classic Mask has his dad, swedish chef and Sedins on back. So, "four muppets on the back" according to Lack.

"Coolest mask I've had," says Lack

BhB3lpMCUAA330F.jpg

BhB6mivCYAAQaBM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
At practise today Eddie Lack breaking in his Heritage Classic gear:

BhBneQBCIAALqu-.jpg

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Eddie Lack Heritage Classic Mask has his dad, swedish chef and Sedins on back. So, "four muppets on the back" according to Lack.

"Coolest mask I've had," says Lack

BhB3lpMCUAA330F.jpg

BhB6mivCYAAQaBM.jpg
Gotta give him a period in the game for that mask alone.

Wetcoaster

"four muppets"

what a dude
Apparently Eddie got his advanced ESL training from Kevin Bieksa.

Remember this classic line "Bieska" line after Vern Fiddler did his impression?

“He’s not the first guy to do it, unfortunately,†Bieksa said. “There’s a couple of other muppets around the league that have been trying to do it. I’m sure he’s not the last guy after this.â€​

Wetcoaster

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
Beware: heard today that lots closest to BC Place could be charging $40 for parking for Heritage Classic next week

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
not even looking forward to this. Two non playoff teams with zero rivalry playing on worse ice than usual during a weekend afternoon. Just get the two points the last thing we need right now is a big distraction.

JonnyCash

Sep 28, 2008
Vancouver
It's quite amusing how big of an opinion people have in regards to this game. Never seen so many people support/hate an event like this so passionately.

John Bender*

I think this goes down as the worst outdoor game ever. They should re-retire #7 again just to acknowledge how lame the event is.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Stubhub has some decently priced options.

prices went back up now... there were lots of $45-60 tickets earlier last week but all gone now, now it's $90+.. looks like the family50 code ended on ticketmaster, hope they will have more deals this week.. :laugh:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I got tickets a while ago, when we were still doing well. :laugh:

Oh well, my best friend (Sens fan + on HF) and I are taking a ferry over and bussing/skytrain all the way down to see the game. Should be a good time.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
is it safe to say that this is one of the biggest blunders as far as outdoor games goes? (I hesitate to even call it outdoor considering the venue)

there is no buzz around the city, the teams have no meaningful history with each other, and ticket sales are piss poor to say the very least

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
i heard on the radio that they are going to have to start selling tickets at massively discounted prices- pretty much giving them away at this point for all intents and purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad