Here's why JC Lajoie is the worst Sports guy in Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitaine Subban*

More evidence of bigotry. I don't even live in the West Island, not do I ever hang out:laugh:

I live in heavily populated francophone East part of town...so far East that I neighbor pointe-aux-trembles

You have no idea what you are talking about. Telling me that I live in the West Island and to go read the Gazette because I'm an anglophone is bigoted btw.

U have the same mindset tho

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Im only talking about the anglo-saxon elite from the west island not some ango greek,portuguese jamaican italians ...

Like it or not if u are born here u r quebecois sadly 4 u i guess

Well only by technicality. The same way the Quebecois are Canadian by viture of being born in Canada. That doesn't mean they feel or consider themselves Canadian. I would easily venture that this applies to a lot of people in Quebec. I don't see why the same can't apply to minorities living in Quebec. Yeah, we're Quebeckers by virtue of being born here, but that doesn't mean we feel Quebecois or identify with its national identity.

The anglo-saxon elite you speak of comprise barely 0.8% of the population and the vast majority of them are much much much older. I would stop while you are ahead since you keep digging yourself further into a hole.

Last edited:

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Same guy that said Saku Koivu a his prime was not a #1 Centre, not even a #2 Centre but a decent #3.

Same guy that said Markov at his prime was not a good #1 defenseman.

Same guy that said Adam Van Koerverden was the biggest Canadian olympian chocker because he won a silver medal and that Chantal Petitclerc (wheelchair) would have done as good in kayaking (because to be good in kayak, you only need a good pair of arms according to him)

Same guy who knows everything about sports but is a 300 lbs overweight dude.

Same guy who was fired i don't know how many times.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
U have the same mindset tho

So everyone that lives in the West-Island has the same mindset? Does that go for the francophones that live in the West-Island too?

I think you need to revise your stereotypes because they are severely outdated and are leading you astray. It's ok, I excuse your bigotry since its coming from a place of ignorance.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Same guy that said Saku Koivu a his prime was not a #1 Centre, not even a #2 Centre but a decent #3.

Same guy that said Markov at his prime was not a good #1 defenseman.

Same guy that said Adam Van Koerverden was the biggest Canadian olympian chocker because he won a silver medal and that Caroline Brunet (wheelchair) would have done as good in kayaking (because to be good in kayak, you only need a good pair of arms according to him)

Same guy who knows everything about sports but is a 300 lbs overweight dude.

Same guy who was fired i don't know how many times.

Unless she had an accident i've never heard of, Caroline Brunet never was in a wheelchair.... Chantal Peticlerc in the other hand.....

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Im only talking about the anglo-saxon elite from the west island not some ango greek,portuguese jamaican italians ...

Like it or not if u are born here u r quebecois sadly 4 u i guess

I'm born here but I'm not quebecois. I'm a canadian citizen. I'm a Montrealer. I'm not a Quebecois.

As for JC Lajoie, can't believe this guy is still on the radio. When Tremblay calls you out on your stuff you're really in deep crap.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well only by technicality. The same way the Quebecois are Canadian by viture of being born in Canada.

I'd venture that in Quebec, the term "Québécois" usually refers to those of French heritage, even if technically, one would think the word should be more closely associated with territoriality, namely the mere fact of being born in Quebec or having chosen to make Quebec your home.

When those of French heritage choose to voice an association with Canada, they are typically referred to as "French Canadians", rather than just "Canadians". However, I'd venture that's a pretty rare thing from within Quebec.

In Quebec, it's all about suffixes -- you're always a "something-phone". I wish they'd replace "phone" in French, by the more welcoming phonetic equivalent of "fun". Maybe we'd all get along so much better. I think they are too many good people on all sides of the equation, to fall into the trap of letting negative labels define any one group.

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Haven't you guys noticed anglophes in Québec have a different culture than anglophones of the other provinces ? Québec anglophones are Québécois to me.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Haven't you guys noticed anglophes in Québec have a different culture than anglophones of the other provinces ? Québec anglophones are Québécois to me.

Well yeah, the most of us have adapted to the culture of Québecois lifestyles and have grown up with it. I find myself watching hockey on RDS/TVA over CBC/Sportsnet, pick up the Journal de Montréal over the Gazette and have more friends I see in person that are Francophone than Anglophone.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Well yeah, the most of us have adapted to the culture of Québecois lifestyles and have grown up with it. I find myself watching hockey on RDS/TVA over CBC/Sportsnet, pick up the Journal de Montréal over the Gazette and have more friends I see in person that are Francophone than Anglophone.

True. I also noticed at Concordia that Québec anglophones say stuff like "I'm in the moon" or "close or open the light", which are gallicism.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm a Quebecer

I wish I can say the same thing about my self-identification. The good thing is that identities are constantly in motion. We are continuously reworking our sense of selves our entirely lives. Outside of politically correct discourse and for what I perceive as symbolic governmental policies looking to unite Quebeckers, I don't feel accepted in the province. I've had way more than a handful of personal experiences in this province to get the sense that the Quebecois don't want me to be Quebecois and that the discourse about inclusion is largely symbolic. While I think the issue is far better than it was in the past, I do think there is still a huge way to go for me to consider Quebec fully inclusive. That doesn't mean I think it's an exclusive nation, so I hope no one puts words in my mouth, but it's not a nation I identify with.

Maybe, and I hope we will get there one day. I'm not closed minded to ever perceiving myself as a Quebecois. For now, I consider myself a Montrealer first; and no, considering yourself a Montrealer does not mean an automatic identification as a Quebecker.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal

''Have you ever realized that anglophones from any province have a different culture than anglophones from other provinces?'' What kind of stupid ass comment is this. No kidding anglos from quebec are different...Cultures differ even if they speak the same language buddy.

It's like saying that all francophones from Quebec have the same culture, even if one grew up in Roberval and the other in Gatineau.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I wish I can say the same thing about my self-identification. The good thing is that identities are constantly in motion. We are continuously reworking our sense of selves our entirely lives. Outside of politically correct discourse and for what I perceive as symbolic governmental policies looking to unite Quebeckers, I don't feel accepted in the province. I've had way more than a handful of personal experiences in this province to get the sense that the Quebecois don't want me to be Quebecois and that the discourse about inclusion is largely symbolic. While I think the issue is far better than it was in the past, I do think there is still a huge way to go for me to consider Quebec fully inclusive. That doesn't mean I think it's an exclusive nation, so I hope no one puts words in my mouth, but it's not a nation I identify with.

Maybe, and I hope we will get there one day. I'm not closed minded to ever perceiving myself as a Quebecois. For now, I consider myself a Montrealer first; and no, considering yourself a Montrealer does not mean an automatic identification as a Quebecker.

I just say I'm a quebecer to any Quebecois and they usually laugh in my face. It breaks the ice and then I get taken out of the ''elitist anglo square head'' category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad