Here's why JC Lajoie is the worst Sports guy in Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I once saw a poll where about 70% (give or take 5-10) of quebecers admired to be racist. For one, that stat warmed my heart that they knew they were. And two, scared me a bit...

So I'm not surprised one bit...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I once saw a poll where about 70% (give or take 5-10) of quebecers admired to be racist. For one, that stat warmed my heart that they knew they were. And two, scared me a bit...

Pretty sure the whole damn world is at 70% racist. Stupid people everywhere.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Pretty sure the whole damn world is at 70% racist. Stupid people everywhere.

Sure. But that's no excuse...

The fact that they willingly admited if makes me go like psyduck...

It's like that redneck guy in Kentucky or whatever that said that he didn't hate Obama because he was black, he hated him because he was a half-breed...

In his mind, not racist...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm not sure about that racism stat...

I mean, I realize that some people might consider me close-minded because I don't have any visible minorities members amongst people relatively close to me and because I was never obsessed by Asian girls.

I mean, some people pointed fingers at me for that.

Meanwhile, the same people disliked Jews.

Bottom-line : finger pointing is stupid. And passive racism is slowly being phases out. For the best.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sure. But that's no excuse...

The fact that they willingly admited if makes me go like psyduck...

It's like that redneck guy in Kentucky or whatever that said that he didn't hate Obama because he was black, he hated him because he was a half-breed...

In his mind, not racist...

Again -- some of it is probably passive racism. I'm old enough to witness how "******" jokes went from "common place" to "extremely Pejorative Slured".

Edit : The censor is a 6-letter word for Blacks. Not a 6 letter for homosexuals.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

I was told a few days ago that pointing out racism makes you a racist. Therefore...:sarcasm:

Just kidding.

Talking about racism and discrimination in Quebec needs to take into account the minority experience of the francophone Quebecois. Despite a being a majority in their own province, continentally, they are a minority and thus still experience feelings of anxiety, insecurity and fragility. This latter trio emotions can sometimes express itself in bigotry as they fear that an opening up to the other will threaten the existence of their culture.

I am not excusing bigotry, but merely trying to explain the root of it in Quebec. For the record, I am not a francophone Quebecker, I am an anglophone quebecker (though I don't consider myself Quebecois despite being born in Quebec).

As for JC wtv this losers name is, islamophobia is a world-wide phenomenon right now and not exclusive to Quebecois. JC is expressing less of a Quebecois form of bigotry, but more so a global form of bigotry.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Again -- some of it is probably passive racism. I'm old enough to witness how "******" jokes went from "common place" to "extremely Pejorative Slured".

Good point. There's much higher sensitivity when it comes to racial comments nowadays. A lot of things can be labeled as racist when back in the day it was just considered humor.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I was told a few days ago that pointing out racism makes you a racist. Therefore...:sarcasm:

Just kidding.

Talking about racism and discrimination in Quebec needs to take into account the minority experience of the francophone Quebecois. Despite a being a majority in their own province, continentally, they are a minority and thus still experience feelings of anxiety, insecurity and fragility. This latter trio emotions can sometimes express itself in bigotry as they fear that an opening up to the other will threaten the existence of their culture.

I am not excusing bigotry, but merely trying to explain the root of it in Quebec. For the record, I am not a francophone Quebecker, I am an anglophone quebecker (though I don't consider myself Quebecois despite being born in Quebec).

As for JC wtv this losers name is, islamophobia is a world-wide phenomenon right now and not exclusive to Quebecois. JC is expressing less of a Quebecois form of bigotry, but more so a global form of bigotry.

We are at a point that the word"muslimohobia" should be created.

Capitaine Subban*

Just kidding.

Stop with your ********...
Anglo are historically more bigoted than franco quebecker
Keep ur analysis to the gazette plz

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

Just kidding.

All fair points, don't agree 100%, but I get what you're trying to say. I mean, the whole province except for Montreal is small town. Lots of minorities 'invading' (can't find a PCer word to say so bare with me) the suburbias and the small town in Quebec now. More so than when I left. I am French Canadian and I've realized this a few years back. Living abroad for 16 years is great for perspective...

And as for ********, I'm pretty sure he just wants to tap into the trend. **** him either way

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Stop with your ********...
Anglo are historically more bigoted than franco quebecker
Keep ur analysis to the gazette plz

If saying that makes me bigoted than you are calling a whole host of francophone Quebeckers bigoted to their own kind since my analysis is derived directly from the works of multiple francophone academics.

Also, you are misinformed. The anglophone history you speak of is that British descent. Anglophones of British descent have long since moved from Quebec, they constitute less than 0.8% of the population. The anglophone minority is comprised of many many many different ethnocultural groups nowadays, from Greeks, Jews, Portuguese, Libanese, Italians, people from the Carribeans etc etc. To throw all anglophones under one veil is ignorant. Moreover, to associate the whole group with the bigotry of the British anglophones of the 1930s is itself a bigoted statement, as is the one telling me to read the Gazette.

i think you need to get informed.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
God in his infinite wisdom, has allowed for the proliferation of racists everywhere, irrespective of language, territory and other considerations.

However, where it gets more thorny is how some of them have been able to accede to the public air waves, to high traffic Internet sites and other pulpits affording influence and have continued to be able to do so in a majority of cases, relatively unscathed or by remaining insufficiently challenged by the recipients of their drivel.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
While true, 90% of minorities (if I'm not mistaken, it might even be over 90%) in Quebec are still confined to the greater Montreal area. Outside of the greater city centre, Quebec is almost homogenously francophone...oh and this stat doesn't come from me, but from Jocelyn Letourneau who is a FRANCOPHONE academic.

Also, i don't like the word invading, you could have easily said "living". I mean really man, cmon.

As Annick Germain says, the problem of diversity in Quebec is very much a greater-Montreal problem.

It's 1:30 am, I'm drunk and my internal thesaurus failed me and at this point, English is like my 2.5 language. So sue me :)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can't. Not home, no VPN. I'll search for it tomorrow afternoon and post the link or admit my idiocy

Thanks :). I didn't ask because I wanted proof btw, I asked because I was just interested in the methodology of the study/poll.

Capitaine Subban*

I am not a francophone Quebecker, I am an anglophone quebecker (though I don't consider myself Quebecois despite being born in Quebec).

Im not talking about allophones, im talking about that mentality of elitist bigoted anglos(poor oppressed) from montreal basically. I consider all quebeckers quebecois even u despite ur comment. Your grandchildren will likely understand that.

Capitaine Subban*

I am not talking about allophones either. Allophones is a term that refers to a language that is neither english or french. That you speak English doesn't mean you are of English descent. You can speak English and not have your roots in the culture of the british anglophones of the 1930s and earlier or any other English speaking nation. Once again you show further ignorance on the subject.

Calling all anglophones elitist is actually very bigoted, once again you are showing that the only bigoted here is you. The so called anglophone elitists are long long gone and very few remain in Quebec. The Elites in Quebec are by and large comprise mostly of Francophone Quebeckers, particularly those of French Canadian descent.

That you consider all Quebeckers quebecois is irrelevant as to whether or not people feel Quebecois. There are many studies that show that many minorities in Quebec don't feel Quebecois despite being born here. Than goes for allophones and anglophones. It is also the case for french migrants who are immigrants who speak french, but are not born in Quebec. And it isn't simple a matter of not wanting to be a Quebecois, but these individuals feel like they will never be fully accepted as Quebecois (their words, not mine) I am more than please to provide you with several, several sources on the matter.

Again, you are not informed. Also, I think you are being bigoted against people who speak English, which is evidence from the fact that you lump them all under one category and image without taking into account the distinctions between the diversity of the group's composition.

U seriously need to leave the west island dude

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
U seriously need to leave the west island dude

More evidence of bigotry. I don't even live in the West Island, not do I ever hang out:laugh:

I live in heavily populated francophone East part of town...so far East that I neighbor pointe-aux-trembles

You have no idea what you are talking about. Telling me that I live in the West Island and to go read the Gazette because I'm an anglophone is bigoted btw.

Capitaine Subban*

I am not talking about allophones either. Allophones is a term that refers to a mother-tongue language that is neither english or french. That you speak English doesn't mean you are of English descent. You can speak English and not have your roots in the culture of the british anglophones of the 1930s and earlier or any other English speaking nation. Once again you show further ignorance on the subject. Equating all immigrants under the allophone label is a really gross misperception that shows a basic lack of knowledge on the situation.

Calling all anglophones elitist is actually very bigoted, once again you are showing that the only bigoted individual here is you. The so called anglophone elitists are long long gone and very few remain in Quebec. The Elites in Quebec are by and large comprise mostly of Francophone Quebeckers, particularly those of French Canadian descent.

That you consider all Quebeckers quebecois is irrelevant as to whether or not people feel Quebecois. There are many studies that show that many minorities in Quebec don't feel Quebecois despite being born here. That goes for allophones and anglophones. It is also the case for french migrants who are immigrants who speak french, but are not born in Quebec. And it isn't simple a matter of not wanting to be a Quebecois, but rather that these individuals feel like they will never be fully accepted as Quebecois (their words, not mine) I am more than please to provide you with several, several sources on the matter.

Again, you are not informed. Also, I think you are being bigoted against people who speak English, which is evidence from the fact that you lump them all under one category and image without taking into account the distinctions between the diversity of the group's composition.

Im only talking about the anglo-saxon elite from the west island not some ango greek,portuguese jamaican italians ...

Like it or not if u are born here u r quebecois sadly 4 u i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad