Here's how I think the AHL should be aligned for next year

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I meant that even though Manchester still does at least moderately well in attendance among AHL teams, that didn't save them from being swapped with an ECHL team. So even if Portland improves significantly in attendance, that won't necessarily save them or prevent them from being swapped too.

There's a difference between a team's financial picture improving (attendance climbing, even at low levels), and a team's financial picture declining (declining attendance with a severe percentage of loss, even when that leaves them at "moderately well").

That's the point you seem to be missing. Manchester lost thousands of fans in the course of the last decade. THOUSANDS. Where that fits within the overall averages is irrelevant -- that's a huge amount of money no longer coming into the owners' pockets.

Your axe to grind doesn't apply here.

Nerdlinger

Hockey Noob
Mar 31, 2015
Not Vietnam
There's a difference between a team's financial picture improving (attendance climbing, even at low levels), and a team's financial picture declining (declining attendance with a severe percentage of loss, even when that leaves them at "moderately well").

That's the point you seem to be missing. Manchester lost thousands of fans in the course of the last decade. THOUSANDS. Where that fits within the overall averages is irrelevant -- that's a huge amount of money no longer coming into the owners' pockets.

Your axe to grind doesn't apply here.

OK, I see what you mean. I don't have an axe to grind -- I understand the phrase obviously, but I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to there.

If you mean Portland, I have nothing against them or any other team. I'm just assessing the situation in as objective a manner as I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad