GDT: Here We Go Again... Penguins Home Opener against Buffalo Sabres @ 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
But again, this whole discussion started because I had just not noticed him today. Me saying "I haven't noticed him, what has he done wrong?" shouldn't be hard to answer. Just saying "he just sucks, do you work for JJ's PR team?" isn't an answer to that.

My argument wasn't even saying Johnson was good today, my argument was "I haven't noticed him, what did Johnson do to make you think he has been terrible today?". If the response is "he just always sucks", I'm just going to conclude that he didn't personally have a bad game, he's just a bad player.
I literally gave you an example of something he’s been doing all game that makes him bad, and you ignored it.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think this question may answer a lot: when you say a guy is having a "bad game", do you mean they suck or they suck relative to what they normally provide? My definition of "bad game" is bad relative to what they normally provide. If your definition of bad is just straight up bad, then that's probably where the entire debate stems from.
I just mean a bad game, but I can see how the "bad game relative to his norm" is the big disconnect here. :laugh:

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Dammit, he could have moved Tanev to line 1 to give them a spark. Gally and Geno would work with anyone tonight.

Such a arrogant stubborn dolt.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We squeezed the best Sully and JR will give here early.
She's all downhill now and there may be one more push under the Sid/G era if a smart GM can un-knot the rope JR has knotted the f*** up.
Velluci will be cool tho. Seems like a great dude and has paid his dues.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dammit, he could have moved Tanev to line 1 to give them a spark. Gally and Geno would work with anyone tonight.

Such a arrogant stubborn dolt.

He could've moved McCann there.

Or Simon.

It's not like it was Tanev or bust.

But, honestly, with this defense, that's just rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
I mean look at our Defense;

You have the x factor in Kris Letang, who I personally will tell you I hate, I have always hated and I would have moved him before signing him to that contract. Kris doesn't feel the game, he is a stupid hockey player. There is a reason he was a 3rd round pick. Now that his physical skills are depreciating his usefulness will go down FAST. Mark my words. The guy is a total turd who we should move as soon as practicable.

You have Dumo who is a low 2nd paring high #3 dman. He's essentially our number 1 defender at actually playing Defense. Nonetheless he would be on the second paring of a cup contender. Hes the best we got.

Shultzy, he is maybe a 3rd. He's got some decent skill put isn't that effect 5 on 5. Not a great first passer his bread and butter is qbing the powerplay and getting quick shots from the point. 3rd pairing guy.

The rest?? Basically we have a bunch of # 6's ..... and we somehow have the highest paid defense in the league? Its horrendous. This is lottery level defense. Its going to prevent them from making the payoffs and the worst part is if they had just not signed or traded for johnson and gubberson(whatever, he sucks) we wouldn't be in that bad of a way....
Weird that I thought dumo was a first pairing defender on a back to back cup team. Or does it only count if a different team is a contender?

Reactions: Malkinstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad