Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Unpopular opinion:

JJ would get cut from some beer league teams playing RD. But he's significantly better (yes, I realize that's a low bar) on his strong side. Now that we're going into the season with a balanced lineup at D, I expect him to be much better, playing on the left side where he belongs.

Unrealted note: I did not like what I saw from Kahun at all in preseason. I expect him to be the most hated forward on this team by December.

That's going to be Galchenyuk and that's going to be before the end of the month. All of Kessel's warts with no of the introverted weirdo charisma.

Reactions: vodeni

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I think I just figured out JR's plan. He is playing JJ with Schultz in the hope that it will keep Schultz down this year and therefore not command as much money on his next contract. Of course the issue with this plan is that Schultz would run away from this team as fast as he can if he's forced to play with JJ all season. Anyways, as they say "It's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them"

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Unpopular opinion:

JJ would get cut from some beer league teams playing RD. But he's significantly better (yes, I realize that's a low bar) on his strong side. Now that we're going into the season with a balanced lineup at D, I expect him to be much better, playing on the left side where he belongs.

Unrealted note: I did not like what I saw from Kahun at all in preseason. I expect him to be the most hated forward on this team by December.
He was just as bad on his left side though, and he and Schultz were our worst pairing last year.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Anyone else have a feeling this is going to be a blowout either way? Buffalo is either going to come out hot or Pittsburgh is going to crush their hopes?

All depends on Murray IMO. He's the key, once again. Who are we getting? He simply hasn't been consistent enough for 2 years now. Real awful stretches, meh stretches and fantastic stretches. We need 2016/17 Murray if we're to have any shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad