GDT: Here We Go Again... Penguins Home Opener against Buffalo Sabres @ 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just want the outcome that results in the most chaos :laugh:

9-8 Penguins win with Johnson, Gudbranson, Simon and ZAR getting all of the Penguins goals.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I just want the outcome that results in the most chaos :laugh:

9-8 Penguins win with Johnson, Gudbranson, Simon, Sprong and ZAR getting all of the Penguins goals.

The score in the season opener last year was 7-6.

Sprong, Oleksiak, Simon, and Brassard all had points and JJ wasn’t a minus!

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
:pens v :sabres

171 days after a disastrous series against the New York Islanders our Pittsburgh Penguins lace them up again and go on the quest for Cup number 6.

Kessel has gone, the return Galchenyuk

Maatta has gone, the return Kahun

FA signing was Tanev

Marino was signed for a conditional 2021 6th round pick

Rust is on LTIR

And yes, HE is still here!!

So, buckle up and hold on. The ride is about to begin.

giphy.gif

Practice lines

great GDT...wouldve upvoted twice if there was a reference to turning a certain player into food for those kittehs...

GO PENS!!! get this shit started right!!!

Reactions: Clare2904

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How typical, of course he played like **** and was scratched most of the pre season but hey let's play JJ :banghead:

To be fair, Johnson was pretty good in the last pre-season game and it doesn't mean anything that he was "scratched most of the pre-season".

Hornqvist on the top line? He must have found some embarrassing pictures of Crosby with a goat.

If you build 100 bridges, they won't call you a bridge builder. But if you **** one goat.....

:laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
We have 4 interchangeable RWs. Gotta respect that wing depth right now.

Doesnt matter, JJ already lost us the game and we didnt even play it yet. Thanks JR.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Game prediction:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is going to be a Jack Johnson appreciation thread by the end of the evening...he'll actually be a + and not-the-usual-suspects will praise him...

on the other hand, Letang and Geno continue their mistake-filled TOs and G gets his first penalty of the season...prompting everyone predicting a big season from him to jump off the nearest ledge...

Reactions: John Titor

RSPens

May 25, 2015
So what's the over under on JJ goals into his own net? Or the over under on players that JJ throws onto Murray? I just don't get it. I mean I understand that JJ-Gudbranson was never going to work as a pairing. I also understand that Petterson and Gudbranson work pretty well together. However this team would be better off with 5 D and just having Gudbranson rotate in a few times then having JJ play. But I guess JR and Sully see something in JJ that puts him above Riikola or Marino. It's just brutal, but maybe they have some under the table deal with a Metro team to take JJ, but the Pens have to play him in October to try to keep the Pens down for the season. I just don't get it.

Reactions: Andy99

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
To be fair, Johnson was pretty good in the last pre-season game and it doesn't mean anything that he was "scratched most of the pre-season".

But when you hear that they're trying to move a player for a couple of months, you would think it's cause he is not needed anymore.
If the kids were better in pre season like it was the case with Riikola, he should be getting the start!
Not blaming JJ or anything like that, but camp should be about winning your spot and personally I think Riik was better than JJ thus far.

Reactions: Pens and Flames

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I feel like the team last year and the team this year are fairly comparable. Worse 2nd line this year, but better bottom-6 and a similar bottom-4 D.

I think the d could be slightly better I’d rate
Pets > Maatta
Grubs ( going off of how he played for us not van) > Oleksiak

Also depth is better this year with Marino and an older Riikola

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Unpopular opinion:

JJ would get cut from some beer league teams playing RD. But he's significantly better (yes, I realize that's a low bar) on his strong side. Now that we're going into the season with a balanced lineup at D, I expect him to be much better, playing on the left side where he belongs.

Unrealted note: I did not like what I saw from Kahun at all in preseason. I expect him to be the most hated forward on this team by December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad