Here Comes Ryan Getzlaf

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Sure. Keep implying you didn't spend half a thread trying to convince people Getzlaf is better than Crosby.

Does that apply to this thread? I only replied to someone's claim about the Hart which had nothing to do with the OP. This thread has nothing to do with the Hart trophy. Only showing love to a player that is doing well. Why is that so hard to understand?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Does that apply to this thread? I only replied to someone's claim about the Hart which had nothing to do with the OP. This thread has nothing to do with the Hart trophy. Only showing love to a player that is doing well. Why is that so hard to understand?

Fair enough.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
A 6'4" 220 pound center who can pass the puck like he can is an extremely rare type of player. The things I would do to have him on the Leafs

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He's unstoppable when he's not cold, doesn't have to be on a hot streak but when he's just playing his game no one can "shut down" Getzlaf.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
With the pair of helpers tonight, he has points in 13/14 games and 23pts in those 14. Pretty sweet run!

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
With so many injuries and Perry being one of them, Getzlaf should be on top of everyone's Hart ballet.

He's producing and leading this team to the top of the nhl despite the ducks also leading the league in man games lost.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Getzlaf is the man. This isn't the best he has ever played, but it might be the best he has played for 15 straight games. If he can keep this up after Perry comes back.....

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
With so many injuries and Perry being one of them, Getzlaf should be on top of everyone's Hart ballet.

He's producing and leading this team to the top of the nhl despite the ducks also leading the league in man games lost.

As for the strictest definition of the Hart, yes. He certainly deserves top consideration right now. Voracek's numbers are impressive but so are Giroux's. Seguin has been a beast but he isn't elevating his team much.

This kind of reminds me of Perry's run in his Hart winning year when Getzlaf was out.

Oct 18, 2011
I don't know how he's not one of the top MVP candidates right now, improved faceoffs, key penalty killer and carrying a team that's had a ton of injuries, and producing offense no matter how good or bad his linemates are

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know how he's not one of the top MVP candidates right now, improved faceoffs, key penalty killer and carrying a team that's had a ton of injuries, and producing offense no matter how good or bad his linemates are

Also most blocked shots amongst forwards.

In b4 more blocked shots=bad defense.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

Giroux and Voracek have been better this year but I agree, Getzlaf should be in the lead Right now based on th injuries the ducks have had and them being a much better team than Philly. Seguin is right up in that mix too. They're the top 4 currently.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Giroux and Voracek have been better this year but I agree, Getzlaf should be in the lead Right now based on th injuries the ducks have had and them being a much better team than Philly. Seguin is right up in that mix too. They're the top 4 currently.

Well yeah the four of them have the four most points. Everyone is always saying Getzlaf gets the points he does cause he has Perry, well he's got these 24 points playing with Bourque and Smith Pelly on his wings. To me, he's carrying his team the most as an individual, and therefore should be in top consideration.

Oct 18, 2011
i'm waiting for crosby and malkin to make their push, also stamkos can play alot better than he has to

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

I don't think Seguin has a chance if Dallas doesnt make the playoffs. EVen if he was clearly the best player.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Right now, in the strict terms of NHL MVP, Getzlaf has to be the #1 forward in the running. But the race is still wide open.

If the season ends today, I would actually vote for Rinne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad