Here Comes Ryan Getzlaf

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
yeah he's been playing good and stuff, probably why he's considered good and stuff

Pretty much. It isn't news that Getzlaf is a terrific player. I don't see why we needed this. Now he can't quietly roar back.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
LOL. He isn't even top 2 on his own team ATM.

Getzlaf is easily the consensus pick from his team.

If Crosby keeps at his current pace (on pace for 30 scoreless games), he won't even be in the top 10 for Hart voting. He's been by far the most inconsistent player among the top 10 scorers in the league and remove his 5 assists game against the defensively inept Sabres and Crosby wouldn't even be in the top 10.

ATM there are at least a dozen players more deserving than him for the Hart; Seguin, Voracek, Malkin, Giordano, Nash, Getzlaf, Tarasenko, Rinne, Lundqvist, Kessel, Backstrom and Stamkos have all been more valuable to their teams than Crosby has been.

His 3 goals and 13 total points over his last 17 games or his 19 Pts over his last 20 games (this also includes his 5 assists) should clearly indicate that he hasn't been a Hart candidate this season.

Last edited:

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
If Crosby keeps at his current pace (on pace for 30 scoreless games), he won't even be in the top 10 for Hart votinh.

ATM there are at least a dozen players more deserving than him for the Hart; Seguin, Voracek, Malkin, Giordano, Nash, Getzlaf, Tarasenko, Rinne, Lundqvist, Kessel, Backstrom and Stamkos have all been more valuable to their teams than Crosby has been.

Luongo, Halak and possibly Giroux are above Crosby if their respective teams make the playoffs imo. Totally agree though, Crosby isn't even in the running at the moment, let alone a sure fire winner like Paul4587 thinks.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
"Caged beast" headline from last years playoffs vs Dallas is something I will probably remember for a long time.

Get hit in the face by a slap shot, get stitches and face sown back up. Then score and win the next game wearing a cage.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
LOL. He isn't even top 2 on his own team ATM.

That's debatable...

There's still 50 games to play, the season doesn't finish at Christmas. This thread is more about the agenda you have than it is about Ryan Getzlaf playing well.

Luongo, Halak and possibly Giroux are above Crosby if their respective teams make the playoffs imo. Totally agree though, Crosby isn't even in the running at the moment, let alone a sure fire winner like Paul4587 thinks.

There's 50 games left. I never said he was a sure fire winner as of today.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
And again the hart isn't voted on today. I should have thrown an IMO in there but figure that should be obvious.

I dunno it just seemed like a silly thing to say in a Getzlaf thread but ok fair enough.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Between Giroux, Getzlaf, Crosby, and Seguin the MVP race is pretty damn close right now.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Between Giroux, Getzlaf, Crosby, and Seguin the MVP race is pretty damn close right now.

Crosby is not a front runner for the MVP, he has 19 Pts in his last 20 games, not MVP material when compared to other MVP candidates.

Malkin has been the more valuable Penguin in fact it can be argued that Crosby has only been the 3rd most valuable Penguin this year with Fleury also being ahead of him.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
He is playing with kesler, and Beleskey is not a top 6 forward. He is playing like it now but when someone pays him 5+ mil a year this summer I am gonna laugh my ass off.

MLSE are you listening?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Nobody says that. Like, ever.

That's true, but Perry is consistently used as an argument that Getzlaf isn't as good as his numbers, or that (insert name here) would be as good, or better, if only they had Perry.

member 151739

Well that's just not true. Well not entirely. When Getzlaf is compared to the likes of Toews, Kopitar, Giroux, Stamkos, etc. people always say "well Getzlaf has Perry"

That's true, but Perry is consistently used as an argument that Getzlaf isn't as good as his numbers, or that (insert name here) would be as good, or better, if only they had Perry.

These are true, but those aren't saying he's only good because of Perry. Getzlaf is arguably a top 5 center. He's doing great.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
These are true, but those aren't saying he's only good because of Perry. Getzlaf is arguably a top 5 center. He's doing great.

Oh, I agree. I doubt anyone, anyone who could look at it objectively at least, would honestly try to suggest Getzlaf is only good because of Perry.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This thread is more about the agenda you have than it is about Ryan Getzlaf playing well.

Sure. After all my agenda is letting people know that the Western Conference has some, you know, good hockey players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad