LeBrun: Henrique to EDM heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Oilers don't really have any cap dump type players besides Campbell right now. Everyone is earning their wage. But suppose a third party could be bribed to take another 25% on Henrique. Not a fan of selling the farm for a rental that isn't on defence.

I’m sure we could be persuaded to take Campbell ;)

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Fine then. There's nothing wrong with Edmonton's defence. Desharnais is a great 2nd pairing guy and $6 million is exactly what you should be spending on a couple of 30 year old 3rd pairing guys. The future looks bright.
The basic stats say the Oilers defense isn't perfect but it isn't as bad as people would like to think it is.
4th lowest SA/GP and 10th lowest GA/GP.
*Since the coaching change both of those stats are 4th
The system and chemistry works

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I feel like the Oilers have like 31 million dollars of value costing 21 and while Ken Holland should be all in with McDavid and Draisaitl as affordable as they are, he's kinda treating the whole thing more like:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Think he’d waive for sure but man what did the Ducks do to you leafs fans lol.

I mean the ducks are a Dumpster fire right now why would anyone want to stay?

Sure you can say things like the weather but you don't need to be on the Ducks for that, you can go to Vegas, Florida, LA and Tampa if year want that, Dallas too.

You want a big market you can go to Toronto, Vegas, Montreal, Boston etc.

If you want to play with elite talent Toronto, Edmonton, Florida, Colorado, Vegas and Tampa can provide you that.

There is No reason to stay with the Ducks right now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Sure you can say things like the weather but you don't need to be on the Ducks for that, you can go to Vegas, Florida, LA and Tampa if year want that, Dallas too.

If you want to play with elite talent Toronto, Edmonton, Florida, Colorado, Vegas and Tampa can provide you that.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

Has played there a long time, and it’s California.

The Ducks aren’t very good on the ice currently, the building blocks are there though and the organization has always been well run. Dumpster fire isn’t how I’d explain them.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Has played there a long time, and it’s California.

The Ducks aren’t very good on the ice currently, the building blocks are there though and the organization has always been well run. Dumpster fire isn’t how I’d explain them.

They are bottom 5 in the league, if you are bottom 5 in the league you are a Dumpster fire.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
They are bottom 5 in the league, if you are bottom 5 in the league you are a Dumpster fire.

Lol such an oversimplified viewpoint. The Ducks are in a rebuild and are exactly where they're supposed to be right now, with most in agreement that their future can be very bright. The dumpster fires are the teams that are attempting to contend and can never get it right or win anything.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
There's a difference for players that have term left on NTCs and UFA's to be.

I gave no doubt that Henrique waives for the Oilers

It's no more than four months in the spring time, different than committing there for a full season or more. I'm pretty certain he'll join whichever contender wants him most, then hits the open UFA market for the first time in his career.

Reactions: pld459666

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
It's no more than four months in the spring time, different than committing there for a full season or more. I'm pretty certain he'll join whichever contender wants him most, then hits the open UFA market for the first time in his career.
Or has worked out a handshake deal with PV for him to come back. Taking a few months off to chase The Cup while also getting the team a nice piece or three to play/build with would probably net him a nice retirement contract.

Family doesn't have to move & he continues to provide the steady veteran presence that he has been ... and now with recent playoff experiences to pass along.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Think he’d waive for sure but man what did the Ducks do to you leafs fans lol.
Nothing against the ducks there just of of the worst teams right now and he's getting pretty old sure he would rather be on a team going to the playoffs

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
A cheaper version would be Eller (albeit not as good). What would the oilers give up for Eller+Nedeljkovic?

I absolutely see Ned as a good fit for EDM. He can push Skinner and honestly looks better most nights

• Haha
Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
A cheaper version would be Eller (albeit not as good). What would the oilers give up for Eller+Nedeljkovic?

I absolutely see Ned as a good fit for EDM. He can push Skinner and honestly looks better most nights
Eller wouldn't want a demotion to an AHL team.

Reactions: McSuper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad