LeBrun: Henrique to EDM heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That's a great third pair.. damn good. But VD or Ceci make the second pair less than ideal. And yes... I cried a little when we didn't get tanev.lol. Carrier or walker are up next.
Unfortunately Ceci and Kulak is a $6 million 3rd pair.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Henrique would be an EXCELLENT pick up for ANY playoff bound team. He can play wing/center. Will put up points. Has clutch potential. Solid defensively. He’s the kind of guy who helps a team win a Cup. This trade will be a big defining move for Verbeek, in my opinion

Reactions: Yemeth

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I really hope this isn't the Oilers top priority...
Why not? A responsible middle six winger who can score, pass, and play a strong defensive game? What an awful player to get.

Hyman - McDavid - Draisaitl
Kane - Henrique - Nuge

That's a pretty dynamite top six. Might be the best top six in the league.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Why not? A responsible middle six winger who can score, pass, and play a strong defensive game? What an awful player to get.

Hyman - McDavid - Draisaitl
Kane - Henrique - Nuge

That's a pretty dynamite top six. Might be the best top six in the league.
Yup, just get us somebody to play top 6..
Not picky at all. Even Mantha would have been fine.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Where do the Oilers get the cap space for Henrique?
Ducks retain… I think we’d be willing to take back ceci tbh(or diff cap)…. But ceci might be a solid replacement for lybushkin, to pair with a guy like Mintyukov, zellweger or lacombe/vaaks

Reactions: Ragdoll

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Makes sense, with how much the Oil love to shake up the middle 6 another guy that can both centre and wing is a good fit

The Oil have gotten some milage out of Janmark-RNH-Brown of recent, but that is a waste of Nuge. You could slot Henrique there without losing a ton defensively.

I suspect we'll see McDrai together come the playoffs, so this would give you another middle 6 option behind Nuge.
Middle six is a good way to look at it. The Oilers like versatility. They want someone who might feel at home next McDavid or Draisaitl but also centering the third line, and the 3rd line might be the bigger priority. But it's all about options

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I hope Edmonton gives up a lot for him. Henrique wouldn't be a bad add for them, but they should be adding a top 4 defenseman who can move the puck and defend top 6 opposition. It would be great if they just add a forward.

Reactions: Czechboy

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Why is adding another forward their priority when Nurse and Ceci are playing top four minutes on defense?

We know the biggest need is upgrading Ceci. I would guess they don't like the available options or high asking price on Walker.

Reportedly we tried trading a 1st + Ceci for Tanev and missed out. Is there another difference making RD even available?

Not a lot out there for rumoured available RD. Walker, Dumba, Barrie, DeAngelo. Even the market for pending UFA RD is guys like Pesce whom Carolina will keep as their own "rental" so to speak won't be traded. Even Bogosian just got extended.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We know the biggest need is upgrading Ceci. I would guess they don't like the available options or high asking price on Walker.

Reportedly we tried trading a 1st + Ceci for Tanev and missed out. Is there another difference making RD even available?

Not a lot out there for rumoured available RD. Walker, Dumba, Barrie, DeAngelo. Even the market for pending UFA RD is guys like Pesce whom Carolina will keep as their own "rental" so to speak won't be traded. Even Bogosian just got extended.
I think the Oilers will miss on most guys if there is an insistence of adding a cap dump to any deal. Make your room separately. Most teams don't want a dump with term coming back unless it fits a need.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I hope Edmonton gives up a lot for him. Henrique wouldn't be a bad add for them, but they should be adding a top 4 defenseman who can move the puck and defend top 6 opposition. It would be great if they just add a forward.
Like who?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Like who?
Carrier would be a good under the radar pickup if Nashville is open to it. They sold last year in a similar position. There are rumors Provorov is available. Hanifin as a rental. Edmonton made a real good addition in Ekholm that got them in the conversation. They need another player like him. Granted, Carrier is a poor man's version, but the latter 2 are very similar players.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
what a weird post
Fine then. There's nothing wrong with Edmonton's defence. Desharnais is a great 2nd pairing guy and $6 million is exactly what you should be spending on a couple of 30 year old 3rd pairing guys. The future looks bright.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Carrier would be a good under the radar pickup if Nashville is open to it. They sold last year in a similar position. There are rumors Provorov is available. Hanifin as a rental. Edmonton made a real good addition in Ekholm that got them in the conversation. They need another player like him. Granted, Carrier is a poor man's version, but the latter 2 are very similar players.
Hanifin is going to Tampa, and Philly and Nashville are in playoff spots. I don't see any of those players being available to the Oilers.

Defence market seems light this year, unless they find someone who hasn't been talked about, spending assets at forward is better than not improving at all.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hanifin is going to Tampa, and Philly and Nashville are in playoff spots. I don't see any of those players being available to the Oilers.

Defence market seems light this year, unless they find someone who hasn't been talked about, spending assets at forward is better than not improving at all.
Provorov plays for the Blue Jackets... Did you see what Nashville did last season in the exact same position? I do hope they go for a depth forward like Henrique. Did you like the Monahan trade? Pretty good comparable.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Provorov plays for the Blue Jackets... Did you see what Nashville did last season in the exact same position? I do hope they go for a depth forward like Henrique. Did you like the Monahan trade? Pretty good comparable.
lol good call on Provorov. I still don't see them making room for him, that's a big number to bring in, and I'm not sure he'd be a huge difference maker for them.

I think two top six forwards makes a huge difference for the Oilers, likely bigger than replacing Ceci with Provorov. If they bring in Henrique and someone like Eberle (or Tarasenko, Guentzel, etc.), that's pushing Derek Ryan and Connor Brown out of the lineup. Team is top 10 in ga/g, I don't think the situation on defence is as dire as fans of other teams think.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Where do the Oilers get the cap space for Henrique?
If the Ducks retain 50% and we get a third team involved to retain 25%, Henriques cap hit is under 1.5M. We clear 750K tomorrow when Gagner clears, and we already have over 2M right now. It's not hard to get the space. Not nearly as hard as agreeing on value and not getting sucked into a bidding war.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Ducks retain… I think we’d be willing to take back ceci tbh(or diff cap)…. But ceci might be a solid replacement for lybushkin, to pair with a guy like Mintyukov, zellweger or lacombe/vaaks
The Oilers don't really have any cap dump type players besides Campbell right now. Everyone is earning their wage. But suppose a third party could be bribed to take another 25% on Henrique. Not a fan of selling the farm for a rental that isn't on defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca