Confirmed with Link: Henrik Tallinder inks PTO with Hartford (Update 12/16: Released from PTO)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
oh geez.

this guy is done isnt he ?

hes really slow and kinda plodding. dont see the fit here at all. he is not better than the hunwick and JM weve been seeing. he was pretty awful for the sabes.

im not sure if this is a move in anticipation of mcd returning or a defensive move to upgrade the left side and av not trusting either of those 2 guys.

i do not believe this team is going to give up on john moore, a past 1st round pick, and so i dont believe hes being moved. i think hunwick has been pretty solid.

i think its moore v. hunwick right now playing for the 3 LD.

lets not forget, this defense is coming off back to back shutouts. the defense isnt awful really and thats without mcd.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I have no problem with them giving the guy a look, the chances of him ever playing a game for the big club is literally next to none, but as we've already seen this season you literally CAN NEVER have enough depth.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
To be honest, I think this is solely a move to light a fire under McIlrath's ass.

Granted Tallinder did play in the olympics last year and was playing about 18 minutes per game with Buffalo last season (as per http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/r...to/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed), but like some people have mentioned he doesn't have the legs as some might assume. He might be a serviceable 6th/7th or depth D-man still, but as in the link I posted above said, it seems like AV wants him to mentor the youngins'. It's interesting non-the-less and it's a way better option over Kaberle. Let's see what he is still capable of and hope for the best.

Btw, Maple Leafs fans wanted him signed before he went down with this injury in preseason. ;)

Edit: This is a way better link on the story....

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/news-henrik-tallinder-signs-pto-with-hartford/

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
To be honest, I think this is solely a move to light a fire under McIlrath's ass.

Granted Tallinder did play in the olympics last year and was playing about 18 minutes per game with Buffalo last season (as per http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/r...to/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed), but like some people have mentioned he doesn't have the legs as some might assume. He might be a serviceable 6th/7th or depth D-man still, but as in the link I posted above said, it seems like AV wants him to mentor the youngins'. It's interesting non-the-less and it's a way better option over Kaberle. Let's see what he is still capable of and hope for the best.

Btw, Maple Leafs fans wanted him signed before he went down with this injury in preseason. ;)

Edit: This is a way better link on the story....

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/news-henrik-tallinder-signs-pto-with-hartford/

A lot better than having Kurt Cobain and Claude Giroux lookalike in Kostka be the veteran role model down in HFD.

Tallinder did wonders for Tyler Myers when they were paired together.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If we're checking out guys--we'd be better off IMO giving Alfie a shot. He might not be a d-man but he can play the point on the pwp--probably for real. He had a pretty decent season for the Red Wings last year. He also was an Olympian.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If we're checking out guys--we'd be better off IMO giving Alfie a shot. He might not be a d-man but he can play the point on the pwp--probably for real. He had a pretty decent season for the Red Wings last year. He also was an Olympian.

I think he said he was retiring recently. It would be cool to see a conditional trade between Ottawa and Detroit so he could retire as a Senator.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

He's announcing his retirement next week, because his body can't hold up physically anymore. If Alfie could have played this season, it would have been with Detroit.

Always loved watching him play.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'd rather sign insurance like Tallinder to the league minimum (if in shape) - instead of deal a mid round pick for insurance like they did last year with Diaz.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I guess he requested that. He seemed to be playing well on the top pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad