Henrik Sedin passes Markus Naslund

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I still can't people were telling me increased production from Bieksa and Hamhuis would replace Ehrhoff :facepalm:

Seriously. I remember being very upset about his departure and still am to this day but people still continue to say he's over rated and isn't missed. He fit this team like a glove. People are fooling themselves if they think we don't miss him.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
we were all looking for something to cling to. The team bottomed out and came back strong, and we all invested too much into it. In retrospect I agree, the team was miles away from winning. But if you asked me in 2003 I would have said they got robbed. I thought if they had got past minny and anaheim they would have beaten NJ in the final. I know now that there's no way.

Henrik is a worthy candidate for our all-time leader. I dearly hope he and his brother play long enough to rack up 1000+ points in a Canuck uniform. Having watched basically every game they've played in the NHL, I can't think of a more admirable pair to represent our team and city. Well deserved.
That group was definitely better at toying with your emotions and adding drama to the whole thing. Naslund's mental struggle to power through pressure almost legitimately feels like a humiliating memory "I" went through now.

Last edited:

molson78

Apr 27, 2007
Very well deserved for a great player and an even greater person. As a fan, I'm grateful for the amazing hockey the sedins have given us over the years.

I don't think anyone was happier for Henrik than Burr- the puck wasn't in the net that he was rushing over to congratulate him - Burr's post game interview said it all.

Any idea where I can find this interview online now?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Seriously. I remember being very upset about his departure and still am to this day but people still continue to say he's over rated and isn't missed. He fit this team like a glove. People are fooling themselves if they think we don't miss him.

Honestly, he looks god awful in Buffalo. In the few games I've seen, he was routinely outplayed, out of position and left swimming. Montreal's kid line humiliated him half the game and apparently this has been a running trend, albeit not as bad as Myers. That isn't to say I do not miss his contribution, primarily on our powerplay. But I do have to wonder if he lost a step.

Once Garrison settles into his role. I think we will be fine with our pseudo-Ehrhoff replacement. Would still take him back though.

Alflives*

Henrick is a tough player, and deserves the accolades. He shows what it is to lead, but holding on to the puck and taking hits. I like how he plays the game. It's too bad his twin doesn't have the same 'toughness'.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The Sedins set the standard for class, skill, humility and generosity in the NHL. They seem to simply be nice people.

That cheap shot on D sedin last year was criminal. If the same move had been done to Crosby the league would have been up in arms.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
tumblr_mig259tgaL1s5n077o1_500.png

tumblr_mig259tgaL1s5n077o2_500.png

Now, Daniel is at the front in the second picture, but I have no clue about the top one. :)

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Ehrhoff has incredible offensive vision and a certain swagger that the rest of this team is lacking. He is most definitely missed. As soon as he came to this team, our offense looked so much better.

Outside99*

Not sure. It was a media scrum. He said 95% of his goals were from Henrik and Daniel, he was very grateful what they meant for his career.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just did a quick number crunch on the main board with respect to current Iron Man streaks, thought I would share it here.

Henrik is closing in on a 600 game streak (currently at 595 consecutive). He last missed a game on March 21, 2004, meaning he has actually played a combined 666 consecutive NHL regular season and playoff games since that time.

Still a far cry off all-time leader Doug Jarvis, but still impressive.

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
That pass was such typical sedinery, and not many can do that. Nice that it was such an impressive pass to break Naslunds mark. Congrats hank! Keep an eye on Dan, he will be hunting for you! Haha!

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
Crazy cool that a little ****** city in Sweden produces two guys that sets records in a Bigass town in Canada! This blows my mind.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Crazy cool that a little ****** city in Sweden produces two guys that sets records in a Bigass town in Canada! This blows my mind.

Gradin, Näslund & Forsberg could be mentioned as well as a heap of other decent players less known in the NA. Örnsköldsvik is like Canada when it comes to hockey - it is that town's identity.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Gradin, Näslund & Forsberg could be mentioned as well as a heap of other decent players less known in the NA. Örnsköldsvik is like Canada when it comes to hockey - it is that town's identity.

Due to all the Canucks players from that town... are there lots of Canucks fans?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
The Sedins are the best players in Vancouver history and it's not particularly close. I say this having watched religiously since 95.

They are so underrated, even by our own fans, that it's criminal. So is Naslund. I don't understand why Linden and Bure are so deified, while Nazzy and the Sedins are just not given their due.

Bure and Linden were amazing players and Linden was/is a huge part of the community, but the Sedins are on another level. Not to say they're far better players than Bure, or far better people than Linden, but they're basically hybrids of the two previously best players in our history.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Just did a quick number crunch on the main board with respect to current Iron Man streaks, thought I would share it here.

Henrik is closing in on a 600 game streak (currently at 595 consecutive). He last missed a game on March 21, 2004, meaning he has actually played a combined 666 consecutive NHL regular season and playoff games since that time.

Still a far cry off all-time leader Doug Jarvis, but still impressive.

The top 10 ironman streaks in NHL history (as of the start of this season)

Doug Jarvis 964
Garry Unger 914
Steve Larmer 884
Craig Ramsey 776
Andy Hebenton 630
Jay Bouwmeester 588
Henrik Sedin 581
Johnny Wilson 580
Billy Harris 576
Mark Recchi 570

So it will take Bouwmeester/Sedin just over 4 more seasons (including this one) to pass Jarvis for the all-time lead.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Due to all the Canucks players from that town... are there lots of Canucks fans?

Yes there are, but also a lot of Avs fans as Forsberg also come from there. He has after his career been an active community member (among other things, as building a golf course, lending money to Modo so that they could finance their new arena).

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yes there are, but also a lot of Avs fans as Forsberg also come from there. He has after his career been an active community member (among other things, as building a golf course, lending money to Modo so that they could finance their new arena).

I see. Doesn't he take part in management of Modo as well, I thought?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad