Recalled/Assigned: Henrik Samuelsson Recalled.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lessio isn't really doing that great with the Coyotes either. I know he doesn't get the ice time, but he could definitely be better. He gets more offensive zone starts than the majority of forwards, so it's not like he's that deep into the bottom of the barrel when it comes to getting chances to put numbers on the board. His numbers indicate when he's on the ice, he really isn't that impressive at all, so I'm not sure if that's a good example.

As for Samuelsson on the other hand. At the end of the day, you're still talking about the big jump from the AHL to the NHL. His points per game down there are at .50. Now let's ask ourselves a pretty simple point blank yes or no question. Is Samuelsson's productivity gonna increase when he gets called up from the AHL to NHL, yes or no? I seriously hope we can all agree it's no.

What are you expecting? Going from junior to the A is a major step, and going from the A to the NHL is another major step. It is hard to be a consistent player in the NHL your first year. Of course there are players that can do it, but the majority can not, and the Coyotes, in my opinion do not have any prospects that can. That's why some of us didn't want to see alot of rookies make the team out of training camp. I think our prospect pool is the best it has ever been, so I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I can't be the only one who saw this and thought, "Oh Christ, Todd Walsh is gonna have a field day with this."

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
What are you expecting? Going from junior to the A is a major step, and going from the A to the NHL is another major step. It is hard to be a consistent player in the NHL your first year. Of course there are players that can do it, but the majority can not, and the Coyotes, in my opinion do not have any prospects that can. That's why some of us didn't want to see alot of rookies make the team out of training camp. I think our prospect pool is the best it has ever been, so I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I would rather call up an AHL vet without a future, and wait for the prospects to get close to mastering the inferior league before coming up to play in the even that much tougher one.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would rather call up an AHL vet without a future, and wait for the prospects to get close to mastering the inferior league before coming up to play in the even that much tougher one.

That is the way it's done most times, unless the rookie is as good or better than the vet. Bringing up a kid at this time of year, and in especially in the Coyotes case, I see no harm. Gives them a little better idea of his progression, and you never know, maybe this player could be involved in a trade.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't know why there is any controversy about bringing up Hank. It seems to be following the custom many teams have of bringing up a kid for short stay to give him a taste of what its like in the NHL, then later a longer look, and finally up for good.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Golden words of wisdom right there.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I can't be the only one who saw this and thought, "Oh Christ, Todd Walsh is gonna have a field day with this."

Walsh: In the cold, austere Scandanavian country where a boy named Ulf became a man, one can imagine a gruff, hard-bitten father with calloused hands rough from hard work gently placing those hands on his son's face and saying, lovingly, "Stora ögonblick kommer från stora möjligheter, Ulf." From moments such as these, determination flows. A determination that is absorbed into every corpuscle, every tissue, every piece of marrow or gristle that buttresses the human form... that creates the hockey player. And it is THIS DAY... this cold, austere day in the Big Apple, a city whose determination flowed from a different fountain that sprang from the ruins of a national tragedy... this day that is so reminiscent of that far-off land called Sweden... where determination becomes realized opportunity for one of the sons of Ulf... a young man named Henrik. I'm Todd Walsh, and it's the first intermission, and I'm here with Henrik Samuelsson, who threw his first body check in the National Hockey League only a handful of minutes ago. Tell me, Henrik, you have been called upon by heroes - ICONS - of the sport, from one of hockey's great coaches in Dave Tippett to a general manager who made his own name here in Madison Square Garden with the name "Donnie" sewn to his blue shirt, to bring a spark to a lineup that is under siege. You want to bring that spark to this assemblage of hockey brotherhood, do you not?

Samuelsson: Um. Yeah. I just took the body.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Walsh: In the cold, austere Scandanavian country where a boy named Ulf became a man, one can imagine a gruff, hard-bitten father with calloused hands rough from hard work gently placing those hands on his son's face and saying, lovingly, "Stora ögonblick kommer från stora möjligheter, Ulf." From moments such as these, determination flows. A determination that is absorbed into every corpuscle, every tissue, every piece of marrow or gristle that buttresses the human form... that creates the hockey player. And it is THIS DAY... this cold, austere day in the Big Apple, a city whose determination flowed from a different fountain that sprang from the ruins of a national tragedy... this day that is so reminiscent of that far-off land called Sweden... where determination becomes realized opportunity for one of the sons of Ulf... a young man named Henrik. I'm Todd Walsh, and it's the first intermission, and I'm here with Henrik Samuelsson, who threw his first body check in the National Hockey League only a handful of minutes ago. Tell me, Henrik, you have been called upon by heroes - ICONS - of the sport, from one of hockey's great coaches in Dave Tippett to a general manager who made his own name here in Madison Square Garden with the name "Donnie" sewn to his blue shirt, to bring a spark to a lineup that is under siege. You want to bring that spark to this assemblage of hockey brotherhood, do you not?

:laugh: wow, post of the season I think.

Reminds me of the great post when tie domi scored a shootout goal in the preseason for Toronto.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It probably says something bad about me that I can so easily and swiftly switch into Walshspeak.

Wouldn't it be a real brain-smasher if I actually ended up being Todd Walsh? :naughty:

Oh, and speaking of The Velvet Frog:

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site

:handclap: Great job, really!

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I think its aimed to kick the vets into gear too.

"Hey you fu**ers arn't scoring, so we have to promote a 20 year old from the A who we think can do better than you"

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
We "need scoring?" For what purpose?

At what point do we stop trying to dump water overboard from the Titanic with buckets and abandon ship? The longer we wait, the less time we have to swim away and the more likely we are to get sucked into the vortex and the more likely we are to end up at the bottom of the North Atlantic.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

But are you strolling down a train track?

th

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They needed scoring, so they called up a guy who has kind of had trouble doing it at the AHL level?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad