Recalled/Assigned: Henrik Samuelsson Recalled.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Hank Samuelsson has been recalled.

Forward on the outs?

Interesting, but if anything were to happen today i think Hank would've been recalled AFTER a trade. And GM's usually don't make trades on game days so probably nothing tomorrow either. Maybe they want him up to practice with the team for the next 5 days so once some spots open up, he can slide in.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't know what's worse right now, Portland's down the middle combination or the Coyotes:
Bolduc/Shinnimin/Martinook/Hodgman/Gaudet

Vermette/Gagner/Chips/Vitale

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Guessing he plays tomorrow so he gets his first game in front of Ulf.

Forgot about that. Only way for Ulf to really see his son debut. Classy on the part of the Coyotes. Also a possible love letter to him if they find themselves needing a coach next year.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Yes please come coach the defence
HAHA
I don't know what's worse right now, Portland's down the middle combination or the Coyotes:
Bolduc/Shinnimin/Martinook/Hodgman/Gaudet

Vermette/Gagner/Chips/Vitale
Wasn't Gaudet a dark-horse to make the team back in September? Didn't Tipp single him out for praise? Ugh ... this team SUCKS.

Here's hoping Hank scores 2 goals tho.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
His numbers in Portland aren't really that impressive at all. I really hope this ends quickly.

For a first year rookie playing with the quality centers he has they're not all that bad.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
yeah, nobody on portland is scoring, even Lessio when he was down there. He's putting up comparable numbers to Mantha, who gets to play with actual offensive players.

I'm not sure if hes ready for the NHL, but I haven't really seen him play much so we'll see. To me Sammy is the biggest wildcard for this team. He's a RHS which we desperately need and he has offensive upside.

Best case scenario is he turns into a Wayne Simmonds type player I suppose?

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Meh. I'd rather see him continue to make strides in the AHL. Love him as a prospect but he's not ready and this is a toxic environment.

A few games won't hurt him. He comes up plays a couple games. Watches a few from the press box. Its good exposure. Letting him sit on the 4th line for 20 games? Not so much. If he makes an impact, he will stick around like Lessio and Rieder did. At least until the end of the season when we restructure the roster. If not, more time in the oven.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I think he's up for a look to see where he is at compared to the NHL level.

Maloney's got some big decisions to make the next couple of days and the more he can find out where his prospects are at can only go to help in those decisions.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
yeah, nobody on portland is scoring, even Lessio when he was down there. He's putting up comparable numbers to Mantha, who gets to play with actual offensive players.

I'm not sure if hes ready for the NHL, but I haven't really seen him play much so we'll see. To me Sammy is the biggest wildcard for this team. He's a RHS which we desperately need and he has offensive upside.

Best case scenario is he turns into a Wayne Simmonds type player I suppose?

Lessio isn't really doing that great with the Coyotes either. I know he doesn't get the ice time, but he could definitely be better. He gets more offensive zone starts than the majority of forwards, so it's not like he's that deep into the bottom of the barrel when it comes to getting chances to put numbers on the board. His numbers indicate when he's on the ice, he really isn't that impressive at all, so I'm not sure if that's a good example.

As for Samuelsson on the other hand. At the end of the day, you're still talking about the big jump from the AHL to the NHL. His points per game down there are at .50. Now let's ask ourselves a pretty simple point blank yes or no question. Is Samuelsson's productivity gonna increase when he gets called up from the AHL to NHL, yes or no? I seriously hope we can all agree it's no.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Lessio isn't really doing that great with the Coyotes either. I know he doesn't get the ice time, but he could definitely be better. He gets more offensive zone starts than the majority of forwards, so it's not like he's that deep into the bottom of the barrel when it comes to getting chances to put numbers on the board. His numbers indicate when he's on the ice, he really isn't that impressive at all, so I'm not sure if that's a good example.

As for Samuelsson on the other hand. At the end of the day, you're still talking about the big jump from the AHL to the NHL. His points per game down there are at .50. Now let's ask ourselves a pretty simple point blank yes or no question. Is Samuelsson's productivity gonna increase when he gets called up from the AHL to NHL, yes or no? I seriously hope we can all agree it's no.

At this point its all about evaluating players. Even if he is overwhelmed, if Samuelsson is going to be a key cog in this team (aka top 6 forward), he should be able to show at least flashes of that ability, given he gets reasonable ice time. It also allows DM to know just how far off he is going to be, which might influence offseason moves.

Also, I have thought that Lessio has been our best forward the last few games. He has generated a lot of chances, the entire team isn't scoring. And this is coming from someone who was quite critical of him early on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad