Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Hank is on the brink of having the first losing record of his career. And I don't mean the team record. His personal W/L. I think he's currently one game above .500 with 6 to play.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It has been very little speculation about the coach in NY and AV in the media though, and I really don`t know what is going to happen with AV. All the injury issues, part of the rebuild and moving Stepan last year is not on AV even though he has some questionable decisions this season with his lines. And personally I`m not fond of his system, nor his defensive system, but since it`s a coaching staff, I thought Ruff had the main responsibility for our defense structure this year?

Anyway I don`t think Henrik will enjoy this rebuild and a new era - if Gorton aiming to bottom it out the next couple of years to aim for top #3 picks.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It has been very little speculation about the coach in NY and AV in the media though, and I really don`t know what is going to happen with AV. All the injury issues, part of the rebuild and moving Stepan last year is not on AV even though he has some questionable decisions this season with his lines. And personally I`m not fond of his system, nor his defensive system, but since it`s a coaching staff, I thought Ruff had the main responsibility for our defense structure this year?

Anyway I don`t think Henrik will enjoy this rebuild and a new era - if Gorton aiming to bottom it out the next couple of years to aim for top #3 picks.
AV can't defer the blame on defensive scheme any more. First, there was Ulf - he was moved. Then there was Buke - got got moved too. This year it's Ruff and it's the same story. At some point (this is now) blame falls on AV.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV can`t develop youth?
Lias scored in his first game, and Chytil playing great with an assist, and this forum going all on AV, because of x,y reasons Buch struggles, probably because of AV, Kevin struggles based on a injury, but many want to blame the coach. Henrik struggles in goal, and it`s probably AV and his defense right when he started slow, because he always start slow in a season. And sure when Gorton moved Ryan Mc. we lack key pieces in our D core.

I just stating facts concerning a coach evaluation that much had happen this year is not all on the coach and AV at all, and that player struggles with chemistry is not on the coach. Buch is a good example - and when he don`t perform it`s part of his development and learning process, and last season he was out most of the year based on an injury.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lol, I would love to imagine AV's evaluation meeting with Gorton and when youth development is brought up AV with a straight face going: "I'm great at youth development - just look at Andersson scoring a goal in his debut and Chytil with an assist in the same game..."

Yeah, this would go over well...

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
How will you all react if AV is still here beginning of the next training camp?

I`m just saying it`s not set in stone yet that AV is gone when this season is over.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
AV can`t develop youth?
Lias scored in his first game, and Chytil playing great with an assist
pw1l4.jpg

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
AV can`t develop youth?
Lias scored in his first game, and Chytil playing great with an assist, and this forum going all on AV, because of x,y reasons Buch struggles, probably because of AV, Kevin struggles based on a injury, but many want to blame the coach. Henrik struggles in goal, and it`s probably AV and his defense right when he started slow, because he always start slow in a season. And sure when Gorton moved Ryan Mc. we lack key pieces in our D core.

I just stating facts concerning a coach evaluation that much had happen this year is not all on the coach and AV at all, and that player struggles with chemistry is not on the coach. Buch is a good example - and when he don`t perform it`s part of his development and learning process, and last season he was out most of the year based on an injury.
You're going to have to go into specifics and context bc right now this whole argument is just generalizing.

You used a 1 game sample size to try to prove that AV has been good at developing young players for 4 years. That's crazy!

One of the players involved has been with AV for pretty much a week. Maybe 3-4 weeks total if you include pre-season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
J.T. Miller is one player drafted by the Rangers @shinchanyo . And he was up & down in the minors for a while under his development, but there are many who pointed fingers to AV who meant he was too strict at the time, but he is a good player now even though they moved him to Tampa Bay. :)

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Great post.

One other thing I want to add. If someone is ”worth it” and/or ”deserving” of a certain salary, then by definition they are NOT overpayed.
Yes...that's why the argument is about if he's worth it based on what he's actually done this year.

He earned his salary this year.

16th in wins. 7th in losses. Nearly 3 GAA. Possibly going to have more losses than wins this season. Not an 8 M performance imo.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Have you seen the dumpster fire that went on in front of him this year?

He’s the only reason they looked like a playoff team for a little while.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
16th in wins. 7th in losses. Nearly 3 GAA. Possibly going to have more losses than wins this season. Not an 8 M performance imo.

Good thing it’s just your opinion.

Those of us who deal with reality understand those numbers are not indicative of his personal performance but the horrendous team in front of him.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah, our D core recently is one of the worst in NHL at the moment.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Our core D, right now, IS the worst in the NHL AINEC.

But, yeah, Lundqvist should have at least 10 more wins with this group, 1 less GA, and 15 points on his save % and then he'd be earning his keep. Overpaid bum.

The guy is getting shelled with so many shots we'll be lucky if he doesn't develop PTSD over the summer. Good grief.

Reactions: nevesis

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Have you seen the dumpster fire that went on in front of him this year?
Have I seen him perform on his OWN at a level that shows HE has fallen in the quality of his play?

It IS possible for the G to be playing worse than he usually does even if the D also stinks. A bad D is not a get out of jail free card for a G to avoid any and all criticism no matter how minuscule or large.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Our core D, right now, IS the worst in the NHL AINEC.

But, yeah, Lundqvist should have at least 10 more wins with this group, 1 less GA, and 15 points on his save % and then he'd be earning his keep. Overpaid bum.

The guy is getting shelled with so many shots we'll be lucky if he doesn't develop PTSD over the summer. Good grief.
Oh hey...the strawmen are back! No actual argument so it's the only thing you can go to clearly

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013

Those of us who deal with reality understand those numbers are not indicative of his personal performance but the horrendous team in front of him.

Fascinating, you think you're actually dealing with reality when you are clearly blindly ignoring it. I guess when all facts, data, and reality goes against your opinion, claim reality itself is bunk and only the reality you perceive is worth a damn. Better than raising an actual legitimate argument."These numbers are solely the domain of the D. He has never given up any goals of lesser quality to indicate he himself is having a season that is not worthy of being paid as tops in the league. Nope. All the D."

Truly amazing what the mind allows people to see when it's already made up.

The D is bad, before haoh trips all over himself trying to build another strawman and claims I'm saying otherwise.

Bad enough to cover up Hanks own play falling in quality? No. Not that bad. Bad enough to be a contender for worse D Hank's played behind, yes. He's played behind atrocious D before and put up Vezina type numbers. In the past, he'd have put up MUCH better numbers and he would have performed MUCH better behind this bad D. He didn't this year. It's called reality nev. Before throwing that out there again, try engaging in it and familiarizing yourself with it

Last edited:

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

Well, Hank has been wildly inconsistent this year, regardless of the crap in front of him. He's been absolutely incredible in stretches, winning games making 50+ saves, etc., but he's also had some pretty poor stretches. Sure, that's somewhat a reflection of the team, but this has been an extremely inconsistent season.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
The only thing that's clear is that you don't even understand what a strawman argument is.

Hmmm

:facepalm:
The only thing that guy ever says is 'strawman argument!!' without really knowing what it means...
The only thing? So every comment I've ever made is "Strawman argument, strawman argument, strawman argument." Wow. How'd I pull that off for over 3,700 comments?

The only that's clear is YOU both don't know what it is based on your comments here (and your continued use of/defense of this dishonest discussion tactic). Not surprising. Honest debate doesn't seem to be something either of you are familiar with. But much like denying reality itself, I guess it's all you have to rely on. Not the strongest of foundations for your stances but it seems you've convinced yourselves it's working so have at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad