Henrik Lundqvist wins 400 games (fastest in history)

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Amazing career and all around good guy.

727 games to get to 400.

Holtby currently has 187 wins in 289 games. At this pace he'd get to 400 in about 80 fewer games than Hank.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Wins is a tricky stat. Before Lundqvist and Luongo, there were ties. And before expansion, goalies didn't even get 750 starts in their career. You're never going to get apples to apples with it historically (like almost every other stat out there).

That being said, Lundqvist has had a remarkable career to date. This milestone is just further evidence of that.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I know HFb hates Lundqvist but people who know their **** know he's a great and take him for granted in an age of flash in the pan 1-or-2 season wonders.

Only Hank and Luongo have been able to be elite for so long, Hank moreso.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
34 years old. Pretty unlikely he catches Roy, that would require 152 more wins. He has a very realistic shot at getting 3rd though.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
34 years old. Pretty unlikely he catches Roy, that would require 152 more wins. He has a very realistic shot at getting 3rd though.

4 years 30 wins isn't impossible.

Fleury could break this record too (Fastest to 400)

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Easily a top 10 goalie of all time, probably top 5.

I have Hasek as #1 by miles, then probably Tretiak #2 then it's a toss up between a bunch of guys, Hank and Roy obviously included there.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Easily a top 10 goalie of all time, probably top 5.

I have Hasek as #1 by miles, then probably Tretiak #2 then it's a toss up between a bunch of guys, Hank and Roy obviously included there.

He's got an excellent chance to be third all-time in wins and a decent chance to be number two all-time.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He's got an excellent chance to be third all-time in wins and a decent chance to be number two all-time.

I think it's tough to get past Tretiak, atleast in my book. But i definitely think he's right up there in the conversation for #3, he'd get my vote. I'll admit that my knowledge on the old guys is lacking though so if someone wants to make a case for one of them i'm open for it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I think it's tough to get past Tretiak, atleast in my book. But i definitely think he's right up there in the conversation for #3, he'd get my vote. I'll admit that my knowledge on the old guys is lacking though so if someone wants to make a case for one of them i'm open for it.

Top 3 all-time? Jesus. Not a chance.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
In the conversation about it? Definitely. As i said earlier, he's easily top 10, probably top 5, maybe top 3.

You are drastically over-rating him if you think he's a top 3 goalie of all-time, especially already. I think most Rangers fans would agree with me here and all you're really doing is inviting criticism about him ina thread about his accomplishment.

He will likely finish his career as a top 10 goalie of all-time but even then, he's not there yet if he were to retire today. Top 5 will be hard to break into.. and top 3 probably untouchable unless he has a major back-end of his career.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
You are drastically over-rating him if you think he's a top 3 goalie of all-time, especially already. I think most Rangers fans would agree with me here and all you're really doing is inviting criticism about him ina thread about his accomplishment.

He will likely finish his career as a top 10 goalie of all-time but even then, he's not there yet if he were to retire today. Top 5 will be hard to break into.. and top 3 probably untouchable unless he has a major back-end of his career.

Ur welcome to your opinion, i definitely think he's in the conversation for 3rd.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Calm down all.

99% of Ranger fans do not consider him a top 3 goalie of all time.

There is just a lot of defending him, because he gets a lot of undeserved negative comments...

He is certainly the Rangers best ever- passing Gump Worsley and Ed G.

His place really can only be discussed properly after he retires.

What if he switched up his game and wins 30+ games for the next 5 seasons? The team in front of him looks like if will be good for a while.

400 is a good number in any age.

Cheers!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It's likely that Fluery gets to 400 even faster, let that sink in about how much this fastest in history matters.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I can't find either. I was able to find team SOW but not individual.

I do remember he and Marty were battling it out for most career shootout wins.. which I remember was around 40 at the time.

Wikipedia has Ryan Miller as the all-time leader with 55. I imagine Lundqvist is around there.

edit: he had 45 at the end of the 2013 season https://www.nhl.com/news/a-look-at-the-first-eight-seasons-of-the-shootout/c-679031

He has 55.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&gameType=2&report=goalieshootout&pos=G&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20052006&seasonTo=20162017&filter=shootoutShotsAgainst,gte,&sort=shootoutGamesWon

PS: Ooopsie. Two posts after yours, someone posted the same link...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's likely that Fluery gets to 400 even faster, let that sink in about how much this fastest in history matters.

It's possible, but I don't see him in the future plans for Pittsburg. Any team that trades for him is most likely not a top 10 team, which might hurt his chances of hitting that 400 #, faster.

As for Holtby, as long as Washington doesn't blow up their team (If a first round exit should happen), I can see him hitting that 400 mark, faster. Of course, stupid arguments will come saying that he played for a top Washington team, who simply ran over everybody... Hitting 400 itself should be the stat people focus in on, not hitting 400 the fastest.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT

It really is an overstated fact.

But put Lundqvist on the Pens...maybe 2 more Cups?

Who knows, but not a stretch to think it very possible.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Amazing career and all around good guy.

727 games to get to 400.

Holtby currently has 187 wins in 289 games. At this pace he'd get to 400 in about 80 fewer games than Hank.

Your boy is the real deal.

I expect he will end his career with some crazy numbers, barring any unforeseen issues.

Good guy as well, which makes rooting for a rival much, much easier...kind of why I don't get the Ranger hate- who on the Rangers today is so easily a guy you love to hate?

Anyway, Holts is something special.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Thank goodness I married in my 20's.

If the percentage at which I end threads is any indication, I would have done terribly with all the online dating sites...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad