Henrik Lundqvist wins 400 games (fastest in history)

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Henrik Lundqvist reaches 400 career wins!

Fastest goalie ever to get to 400 wins (737 games)

With 400 wins he's now 4 wins away from moving into 10th all-time in wins and 8 wins away from 9th all time i believe.

Hopefully this is the confidence booster he needs after an abyssmal first half (by his standards anyway)

:handclap:

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I just really like this picture of him, lol.

72bd9d9ba64b.jpg

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
But not Top 100 material, apparently.

Good job on that one, NHL.

He's the 12th goalie to reach this accomplishment, and the 3rd to do it with one team. Legend.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Fastest in history ?

Let's not forget that for his whole career, games had to end with a win or a loss.

Pre-2005, games could end in ties.

Apples and oranges.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Fastest in history ?

Let's not forget that for his whole career, games had to end with a win or a loss.

Pre-2005, games could end in ties.

Apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges, sure. Still a remarkable feat. It's not like every goalie is getting 30+ wins a season...

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
Let's not forget that today every game ends in a win. For much of the NHL's history there were tie games and games had no winner. Lundqvist plays in an era with more wins available. It is a given that a modern goalie should be the fastest to any significant win totals.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
But but shootouts!!11!11!!!1! :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, he's been the most consistent, and most reliable goalie in the league since the 05 lockout, and he's probably gonna be a HOF'er.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here we go, people trying to take credit away from this accomplishment by nitpicking.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Let's not forget that today every game ends in a win. For much of the NHL's history there were tie games and games had no winner. Lundqvist plays in an era with more wins available. It is a given that a modern goalie should be the fastest to any significant win totals.

Exactly this. This type of stat can only be used to compare to similar era goalies, and is wildly misused and not applicable in historical comparisons.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
But not Top 100 material, apparently.

Good job on that one, NHL.

He's the 12th goalie to reach this accomplishment, and the 3rd to do it with one team. Legend.

Wins are a team stat. Lundqvist is an excellent goalie, but he's not top 100 material. Just like Toews shouldn't be in there based on the fact that the Hawks won a bunch of cups.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
Lol... not even a page through and already an accomplishment thread has turned into a "Hank is overrated" thread. Who woulda thunk it?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Lol... not even a page through and already an accomplishment thread has turned into a "Hank is overrated" thread. Who woulda thunk it?

Not a single poster has called him overrated?

I dunno, when you make a thread title including "fastest in history", you should expect posters that are putting that claim into context. It certainly is true, but lacks context that many have pointed out. Certainly it's not calling him overrating by noting he had the benefit of ~50 shootout wins that his predecessors didn't have?

Amazing accomplishment regardless. Even in the era of no ties, 400 wins is a rare milestone so congrats Lundqvist. #1 is out of reach (7 more years of 40+ wins?) but could see him pulling past Roy. Should be within the top 5 easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad