Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist Injury Thread Part 2 [Mod Warning Post 410]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
At times Lundqvist been good, and at times he has been bad. In either case, he has never been able to elevate his game to the point that is needed to win a Stanley Cup.

Dumbest post in this thread, and that is one hell of an accomplishment.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I won't get dragged into any of this ********. This thread is strictly about Lundqvist's return from injury.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Again, at points he has but at other times he hasn't. Do the stat lines show this. Of course not. In order to see it you have to watch the game and note many things which are not shown on the stat line.

P.S. No one on the boards seems to ever mention game 2 of the SC finals where at the 18min mark goal 3 was scored by LA. For the next 10+ mins you can see him dwelling on the goal. It gets to the point where at the 12:40 mark there is a time out called and he spends the next 40seconds arguing with the ref about a call that happened 10+ mins ago. And about a min later LA scores the tying goal so send it to overtime.

So the sum total of your argument against Hank is, "hey guys remember that one goal he let up after getting run over.".

It's not everyday you run into such a cogent, well thought out rebuttal, thank you so much. Glad you wrote that down.

trueblue35

May 22, 2008
LOL the same goal that haunts this entire fan base because the league flat out admitted it should've been waived off for goalie interference?

Whatevs go watch game 6 against the Caps in 2013 or games 5-7 against the Pens last year. The man did everything he could to keep us going and most certainly would've won the Conn Smythe if we won it all.

Those were great performance, but many fail to realize the type of performance needed to win the cup. Having one great game or even a few great games will not win it.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I could see people arguing that if we get a huge offer for Hank, consider it since Talbot looks like he could start. If Edmonton/AZ/BS comes in after winning the lottery and offers us McDavid for Lundqvist, you should strongly consider it because you are getting an elite talent who will be cost-controlled for the next few seasons. That argument has some validity.

But to argue Talbot>Lundqvist is ridiculous and all it does is antagonize people against Talbot for no reason.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I could see people arguing that if we get a huge offer for Hank, consider it since Talbot looks like he could start. If Edmonton/AZ/BS comes in after winning the lottery and offers us McDavid for Lundqvist, you should strongly consider it because you are getting an elite talent who will be cost-controlled for the next few seasons. That argument has some validity.

But to argue Talbot>Lundqvist is ridiculous and all it does is antagonize people against Talbot for no reason.

Re: bold, pretty much spot on

*Bob Richards*

This is a thread for Lundqvist's injury updates not another ridiculous Talbot vs. Hank battlefield. Take it to another thread.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: "He looked like the same old Hank, didn't miss a beat..he's our best player and it'll be great to have him back"-#NYR Rick Nash on Henrik”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: Yandle on Lundqvist: "It looks like he's in great form right now. You see how competitive he is. He doesn't want to let anything in." #NYR”

Jan 8, 2012
NY
“@HartnettHockey: Yandle on Lundqvist: "It looks like he's in great form right now. You see how competitive he is. He doesn't want to let anything in." #NYRâ€

We've all heard how hard Hank goes in practice. Probably catches the newbies off guard.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
As much as I want Hank to come back soon, it would be kinda cool to see Talbot vs Hammond on Thursday.

Hank is aiming for the weekend so I'd assume Talbot will get Ottawa (and probably Boston on Saturday), and then Hank will make his return on Sunday against Washington.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Agreed. Talbot gets Ottawa and Boston and Hank gets the Caps.

Excited to have him back.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Lundqvist: “At this time of year, I’m probably in better shape than in a long time. I would say 85 percent (of goaltending) is mental..."”

“@stevezipay: Lundqvist: Today “I just wanted to work really hard and get extremely tired. I feel like my speed is there, my legs are there..." more”

“@stevezipay: Lundqvist: "I think I’m not going to feel perfect before the first game, you have to go out there and play and work your way back."”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Having heard AV's and Lundqvist's answers today, guessing, as we've written, that he'll play against Caps in NY Sunday”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad