Tribute Henrik Lundqvist Appreciation Thread

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Here's a picture of Henrik I took at a charity event last week. Even though there were a few other celebrities there, Henrik was the center of attention and couldn't have been nicer to everyone. He even signed my childhood goalie stick for me which is older than he is. He and some friends then played some great music for all.

HENRIK-GUITAR.jpg

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Here's a picture of Henrik I took at a charity event last week. Even though there were a few other celebrities there, Henrik was the center of attention and couldn't have been nicer to everyone. He even signed my childhood goalie stick for me which is older than he is. He and some friends then played some great music for all.

HENRIK-GUITAR.jpg
He has this aura that very few people have, I imagine I’d be as starstruck meeting him as any celebrity on earth

Reactions: HFBS

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He makes me actually stop fast forwarding through the period breaks when he’s on msg. Super interesting to hear from someone who knows a lot of these guys very well

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He makes me actually stop fast forwarding through the period breaks when he’s on msg. Super interesting to hear from someone who knows a lot of these guys very well
He's really good at it. He's very eloquent and he has an interesting perspective on just about everything when they kick it to him. I guess it should come as no surprise that Hank is a natural, I wonder if there's anything that he's not good at.

Reactions: haveandare

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Necroing an old thread to pay tribute to the man that carried hockey for me in my childhood.

Lundqvist deserved the Vezina every single year (06, 07, 08, 12, 13) he was nominated for it. The voters always went with sheer numbers (save%/GAA) and never took into account that the teams he backstopped (especially the first three) were absolute dog-crap, last-place tier teams that he carried every single game.

For that same reason he deserved at least one Hart. I know it never goes to a goalie (and only to the forward who puts up the best numbers), but if remaining true to the spirit of "player that was most valuable to his team," the above more than justifies it.

And of course, he deserved the Cup, but the rot that starts from Dolan ever made and makes that impossible. He's easily the best player (not just goalie) to never win the Cup, IMO.

And as far as all-time goalie rankings, I really don't know who I rank above him considering the aforementioned crap teams he carried. All of the standard names that people put above Lundqvist (Brodeur, Roy, Hasek) had teams and management that were worlds more competent than Henrik's.

He is my GOAT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad