Tribute Henrik Lundqvist Appreciation Thread

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
:(

Thank you, King.

1063092722.jpg.0.jpg

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Sad day. It's going to be so different watching this team without him.

Best of luck to you, Hank, in whatever you choose to do. I'm sure you'll continue to handle yourself with class and professionalism and hopefully we will see you again with the Rangers in some capacity.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
An amazing player. The greatest of his generation. Sure-fire first-ballot HHOF. The best goaltender to play for the Rangers in my lifetime. A huge part of the emergence from the Dark Ages and on so many nights the only reason we were in games.

Watching him play was an absolute treat. I'm sorry we could never truly give him a team equipped to win it all, and also sorry that it has to end this way. But I will choose to focus on all the great memories and amazing things he did for the organization. Always classy, and a pro's pro. An amazing ambassador for the franchise for many years.

Good luck, King. I have no doubt he will be a f***ing star in whatever he chooses to do once he hangs them up.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
An amazing player. The greatest of his generation. Sure-fire first-ballot HHOF. The best goaltender to play for the Rangers in my lifetime. A huge part of the emergence from the Dark Ages and on so many nights the only reason we were in games.

Watching him play was an absolute treat. I'm sorry we could never truly give him a team equipped to win it all, and also sorry that it has to end this way. But I will choose to focus on all the great memories and amazing things he did for the organization.

Good luck, King. I have no doubt he will be a f***ing star in whatever he chooses to do once he hangs them up.

You know I was going to write something but you summed it up perfectly so thank you for doing my work. lol

Reactions: nyr2k2

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Watching him play was an absolute treat. I'm sorry we could never truly give him a team equipped to win it all, and also sorry that it has to end this way. But I will choose to focus on all the great memories and amazing things he did for the organization. Always classy, and a pro's pro. An amazing ambassador for the franchise for many years.

This. All of this. There's nothing more to say.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
My first year watching hockey was the year that Weekes got injured and the youngin stepped in. My love for the game is probably directly credited to Hank. I do not know what it is like to go to MSG and not hear "HEN-RIK" chants. This is painful, but what helps is looking forward to the crop of guys we have now and imagining that we are in a good position to have some more great Rangers. He will not be the last great Ranger just as he was not the first, I truly hope we cross paths again in the future with a coaching/front-office position. Long Live the King.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hard to put it into words. Probably the last pro athlete I'll ever revere.

Same.

Perfectly put.

Leetch and Lundqvist are the two greatest Rangers ever.

Reactions: AB13

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There are not enough words to say how much I appreciated Henrik Lundqvist. Considering what's going in in NYC with all the crap it seems fitting for this to happen right now. 2020 truly sucks. Even the 1OA pick is not enough to heal things for me. This one is going to sting for awhile, and with the delay of the new season, going to hurt even longer.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Honestly at a loss for what to type here? Forgive me for the over the top post I'm about to write...

Legend, one of if not THE best players in franchise history, immediate # retirement, class act, supermodel, etc. etc.

I'll just say: thank you Hank for giving me hope in the NY Rangers franchise again. Watching every painful game in the early 00s especially truly was a dark time. Your commitment to excellence in yourself and for this franchise, and the results that produced, made it truly fun to be a Ranger fan again. For giving me that I am extremely grateful.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I guess that dream of captain Mika refusing to lift the cup and making Hank do it first with tears rolling down his face is dead. Hank better have a job in this organization waiting for him, we’re still going to see him hoist the cup with the Rangers. Went from barely getting drafted in the 7th round to becoming the greatest Ranger of all time. Edit: I just spoke to my mom and I had the timeline wrong, I was very young at the time. My mom had just beaten inflammatory breast cancer and was then diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and told she was going to die. So she took me on a trip to NYC to spend those last moments because I had always wanted to go there and I may have never got another chance to go with her. I’ll never forget that game I saw at MSG, Hank made 31 saves in a 1-0 shutout against my hometown Canucks.
swMZOhD.jpg

Thank you Hank!

Last edited:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Probably the last player to ever put on the jersey that I can feel like I look up to. He's only a year older than me but feels like a storied figure in my mind. Now I'm at the age where every guy on the team is "just a kid" and I don't know if I'll ever view someone that way again. Pretty surreal to even think about.

Carried the team on his back for 15 years and is one of the best to ever play for this franchise. Brought us out of the dark ages and into a new era of success. Absolute class act and tremendous person. The gold standard of competitors in my eyes and I wish him nothing but success and happiness in whatever he choses to do next.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

I adored those early Lundqvist era teams and coming out of the lockout you could feel something was different. Jed Ortmeyer and Blair Betts for life.

Sather signing Brashear and letting Betts walk after what Brashear did in the playoffs to BB was one of the biggest betrayals of my life.

That 2008 series against the Devils and invading The Rock all 3 games was probably the happiest I'd ever been with any of my sports teams.

And even though we got beat pretty bad I could tell how important that first playoff game at MSG in years was against the Devils in 2006. And then the first playoff win at MSG a year later against Atlanta, in dominating fashion, it meant a lot to everyone there.

My childhood is gone, dead and buried

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->