Prospect Info: Henrik Borgstrom

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
It really is too bad that HF50 won't proofread his posts. Other than a quick glance I have reached the point of refusing to read the incoherence.
Actually the only thing worse than not being able to read a fiddy post is being able to read it.
Click on the prospects header. Read his evaluations of players and players he would want instead. Stick to the 1st two rounds. .... you can start by clicking DeBrincat.
I don’t know who he is but he is almost never right.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Acquiring Borgstrom has a 1st round reclamation project feel to it but if he can flip his switch and play at the NHL level - he's going to be a very nice highlight reel type player.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Bowman has a habit of buying low on former high picks who have struggled, in hopes of turning them around. Most have not really blossomed.

He's about due to hit on one.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hoping he steps it up for the Hawks. Imo his time in Florida was underwhelming, was expecting him to hover around a 50-60pt player in his prime but lost hope when the team decided to send him back down. Had flashes of brilliance offensively, but he couldn't really put it together consistently on both sides of the ice.

Maybe with some more ice time in the NHL, backed by a season in Helsinki, will help cement him into a top-6 role.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
A 23 year old prospect who the Panthers gave up on who had a sub par year in a league he should have been dominating this year is a bust.

If he wasn't, the Panthers wouldn't have gave him up so cheap

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
A 23 year old prospect who the Panthers gave up on who had a sub par year in a league he should have been dominating this year is a bust.

If he wasn't, the Panthers wouldn't have gave him up so cheap

I think the Panthers gave up on him because of Coach Q. Everyone knows Q has his favorites and if you aren't one, then you sit. He played 50 gms prior to Q going to FLA with some success. Then Q comes on and he plays 4 gms and benched. Obv he wasnt happy there. He has new life here.

You could make an argument same thing for Vinnie H.....Q put him on the sh*tlist, played him sporatically 9 gms, then Zito trades him and he comes here and puts up numbers more like his true self. Just cause Q doesnt like someone doesnt mean they arent a talent or have value.

I fully expect Borg to become a solid 3C for the next 5 years. Worst case is he becomes a very strong 4C @ $1m per.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I think the Panthers gave up on him because of Coach Q. Everyone knows Q has his favorites and if you aren't one, then you sit. He played 50 gms prior to Q going to FLA with some success. Then Q comes on and he plays 4 gms and benched. Obv he wasnt happy there. He has new life here.

You could make an argument same thing for Vinnie H.....Q put him on the sh*tlist, played him sporatically 9 gms, then Zito trades him and he comes here and puts up numbers more like his true self. Just cause Q doesnt like someone doesnt mean they arent a talent or have value.

I fully expect Borg to become a solid 3C for the next 5 years. Worst case is he becomes a very strong 4C @ $1m per.
A 3C is realistic.

A top six forward when he's regressed considerably since his time in the NHL, isn't.

Teams aren't doing the Hawks favors when it comes to trades. The second the pundits here start to understand this this forum will become readable.

I also question Bowman's skill at talent evaluation because from the looks of it it's really not that impressive. He seems to fall in love with players and is more impulsive then logical

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
A 3C is realistic.

A top six forward when he's regressed considerably since his time in the NHL, isn't.

Teams aren't doing the Hawks favors when it comes to trades. The second the pundits here start to understand this this forum will become readable.

I also question Bowman's skill at talent evaluation because from the looks of it it's really not that impressive. He seems to fall in love with players and is more impulsive then logical
He certainly has the potential to be more than a 3C. Maybe he will and maybe he won't but we're not talking about a player who doesn't have skill.

Also, you're misunderstanding this trade. No one was doing Stan a favour. Florida needed to dump the Connolly contract and they paid for it. Otherwise the trade would have been Stillman for Carlsson.

Florida is in win now mode and they don't want to focus on developing a prospect at the expense of winning. The Hawks were there too and it quickly empties the cupboard. But it's part of the winning cycle.

Reactions: bwana63

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021

History agrees, however I would say this was the best Trade deadline Bowman has had. Vinnie was a steal and hopefully is re-signed 'cause he adds value and is fairly cheap. Stillman @ $1.35m is a great add as he continues to develop. A 2nd and 3rd rounder from Vegas was a great haul. And Borgstrom has potential. This offseason will be telling. Some major moves need to happen.

And Borg becoming a solid 3C isnt a bust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad