Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
3A09BE2A-63A0-4617-AF5D-2057E73D81C2.jpeg

I’ll start. He has a big forehead.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

I don't remember the Hawks calling a lot of 23yo guys they've acquired as "high end talent" or saying they'll be a "big time player for us". They generally steer clear of making those types of claims about kids.

The Hawks are super high on him. He's currently overseas and I have a lot of trust in the Euro scouts. I expect he'll be a real good edition to this team for a good while.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Don't worry...We employ hockey great Kendall Coyne Schofield to improve our pkayers skating...Right?

And if that doesn't help hom skate better she can always squat hom as she does for her 6'7 350 lb NFL lineman husband ...This at very minimum should make Borgstrom much stronger in his legs .

So .. don't worry..be haloy..it shoukd work put..You don't think we are paying Kendall Coyne just to be a vlour commentator on the odd broadcast...do you?

Surely she will be measured by her work on "debeloping" our young pkayers ...so if skating is his problem she will find a way to me hom better...right?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Don't worry...We employ hockey great Kendall Coyne Schofield to improve our pkayers skating...Right?

And if that doesn't help hom skate better she can always squat hom as she does for her 6'7 350 lb NFL lineman husband ...This at very minimum should make Borgstrom much stronger in his legs .

So .. don't worry..be haloy..it shoukd work put..You don't think we are paying Kendall Coyne just to be a vlour commentator on the odd broadcast...do you?

Surely she will be measured by her work on "debeloping" our young pkayers ...so if skating is his problem she will find a way to me hom better...right?
Maybe she can help you type and spell correctly

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'm watching videos of Borgstrom and confidence seems like the last thing that would be an issue.

Playstyle, cellies, gestures... He seems like a really confident, flashy guy. Don't know it that could have changed any in the most recent times, but I'd be surprised.

More like he seems like a perimeter skill player that mightve found difficulty to get away with his usual things against tighter and more physical competition.

If hawks think they can turn that around (and there are no other issues like compete, skating etc), put me down as excited coz there is a lot of creativity and skill there.

Probably a similar situation to Nylander but with a higher hockey IQ.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So IF he is only a perimeter skill guy agaibst tighter nhl checking you goitaxoutvhim with "soace ckearers" not otger finesse guys who cannot clear soace.

This us just logical.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He can play. Its not like he was lighting up college as an overager. He was a freshman scoring a PPG. Thats not easy to do. Lots of guys fizzle out after lighting it up in college, but barely any do that after doing it as a freshman.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

Fiddy is sexist? I'm shocked.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
How about going and watching some tape on him, and doing your own analysis instead of looking at what others say about players?
Because watching tape on him would do no good from my perspective. Have to wait until he plays at the NHL level to get a good look.

Watching a bad skater vs. worse skaters tells you nothing about a player's skating.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Because watching tape on him would do no good from my perspective. Have to wait until he plays at the NHL level to get a good look.
You can tell if players have speed or not, watching them vs. other players on the ice. He has 58 NHL games, surely you could find something.

But yes, another good point, wait to watch him, and form your own opinion.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You can tell if players have speed or not, watching them vs. other players on the ice. He has 58 NHL games, surely you could find something.

But yes, another good point, wait to watch him, and form your own opinion.
I just watched a clip of him on his first goal with FLA and he looked really slow....like Strome is faster.

Then I watched another clip and he looked ok....so what do I know?

Better just wait until he comes over next fall.

Reactions: Pertti

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I just watched a clip of him on his first goal with FLA and he looked really slow....like Strome is faster.

Then I watched another clip and he looked ok....so what do I know?

Better just wait until he comes over next fall.
I don't know, but his skating looks average to me. Definitely not slow, like Strome. His hands are amazing too, much better than Strome who also has decent hands.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don't know, but his skating looks average to me. Definitely not slow, like Strome. His hands are amazing too, much better than Strome who also has decent hands.
I read reports on him and to me he sounds like a Strome clone, maybe a bit better skater. So who knows, maybe they're going to move on from Strome and have Borgstrom replace him.

Reactions: Pertti and Malaka

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

:facepalm:

Reactions: Idionym

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I read reports on him and to me he sounds like a Strome clone, maybe a bit better skater. So who knows, maybe they're going to move on from Strome and have Borgstrom replace him.
I haven't seen him enough to give him a comparable, but to me, he's another really talented asset that could become something. And this is surprising coming from you that you don't like the trade, since you liked the Joker for Nylander one where we gave up far more than we did here.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I haven't seen him enough to give him a comparable, but to me, he's another really talented asset that could become something. And this is surprising coming from you that you don't like the trade, since you liked the Joker for Nylander one where we gave up far more than we did here.
I liked that one because I thought that Joker was overrated(correct) and getting Nylander out of Buffalo would do him wonders because the Sabres are and have been a toxic waste dump. (incorrect)

It would have been interesting to see what Nylander did this year if he didn't get injured in the bubble.

Also, Nylander was 21 at the time of the deal and Borgstrom won't be over until he's 24. That being said, both Kubalik and Suter came over at 24 and did fine.

This is just Horrible:

Last edited:

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
I liked that one because I thought that Joker was overrated(correct) and getting Nylander out of Buffalo would do him wonders because the Sabres are and have been a toxic waste dump. (incorrect)

It would have been interesting to see what Nylander did this year if he didn't get injured in the bubble.

Also, Nylander was 21 at the time of the deal and Borgstrom won't be over until he's 24. That being said, both Kubalik and Suter came over at 24 and did fine.

This is just Horrible:

Strome being traded to open up his protection spot confirmed.

Reactions: bwana63

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't like the fact that he's expansion eligible. Means we need to move one of the forwards that would otherwise be protected (Strome?), or that we convince Toews to waive under the assumption that Seattle won't wanna pick up a guy who might be done who has a $10.5m cap hit. Neither are great options, but whatever.

Reactions: bwana63

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->