Post-Game Talk: Hemming and Hawing: Oilers win 3-2 over Senators

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Did anyone else think gagner was completely gone all night? sub par defensive coverage, missing that empty net from hall, just generally being useless with the puck all night, Like the only times i actually noticed anything offensive is when he skated all the way down the wall and did a soft backhand into the goalies pads. Seemed to fall over all night too
Hockey players are real people, unfortunately. The guy isn't playing with any confidence and more than likely feels unwanted.

This is where awful development environments can lead talented players: to the dumps.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
imagine if hemsky doesnt get traded.....

next interview;

spiderman_crying.gif

Is that Gagner?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Hemsky and Hall looked great. Get Fraser off the ice please.

Yakupov fighting the puck quite a bit.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
This sums up the Sens PGT. I was hoping to see some praise for Hemsky but nada

The loss might have cost them a playoff spot, so I can understand the frustration. BTW, the Oilers are 12-12-2 against the East. Just sayin'.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
My 1st live game in some time, I actually felt like a tier one fan so to speak.

Scrivens was tremendous, Hall was great, Hemksy was great. The Oilers as a team are mind bogglingly bad at unforced turnovers. They just hand the other team the puck unforced so many times.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This sums up the Sens PGT. I was hoping to see some praise for Hemsky but nada

Its funny because the Sens are not a playoff team or anything, and in huge danger of entering the Calgary Flames "not horrible but not playoff good" zone for the next 10 years

That being said, the Oilers deserve all the hate they get

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
great goals by Hemmer. too few and far between on that type of assertive "looking to score" kind of mentality out of him. wish he would have played to score more in his time here instead of playing to pass.

definitely has some dangerous skill on the right team.

hopefully a legit contender picks him up.

dixs35

Jan 26, 2010
E-town
Was so happy for Hemmer tonight. I will be shedding a tear tomorrow. He is and was an exceptional talent. Gonna miss him. Whatever team he goes to will be my bandwagon team.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Feel for you guys. Mostly because we also know the feeling of having terribad coaching. Seriously - Conacher over Ryan, and Gryba getting loads of PP time?
I was wondering why Conacher went to the box instead of Bobby Ryan? Still 30 seconds left at the end of that extra penalty

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Thanks for the memories Hemmer. Mentioned this in the GDT, but for kicks I remember playing "Celebration" (yes, the cheesy/catchy Lionel Richie song) when the Oilers elminated the Red Wings in 2006 on the back of the Hemsky/Samsonov play.

It randomly came up again today on my iTunes during the game and Hemsky scored his second goal seconds later, lol.

How's that for serendipity.

Hemsky.jpg

Go win a Cup Hemsky, we're behind ya.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
My 1st live game in some time, I actually felt like a tier one fan so to speak.

Scrivens was tremendous, Hall was great, Hemksy was great. The Oilers as a team are mind bogglingly bad at unforced turnovers. They just hand the other team the puck unforced so many times.

glad to hear you liked what you saw. they looked pretty good on TV. they kept my attention enough that i did't change the channel.

i will withhold my excitement. i've been burned by this team far too many times to think this is a 'they've turned corner' moment. they are definitely better than the start of the year, both in play and in the quality of the roster.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Feel for you guys. Mostly because we also know the feeling of having terribad coaching. Seriously - Conacher over Ryan, and Gryba getting loads of PP time?

I'd still take walrus man over marathon man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad