Post-Game Talk: Hemming and Hawing: Oilers win 3-2 over Senators

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
In this thread we can continue to hem and haw over Hemsky's future and whether it would be better to retain him going forward.

Two goals, you know? Better than Raffi Torres now.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I wish for Smyth to get traded and go to game 7 with his new team, just to take a penalty in the offensive zone in the last 30 seconds on the PP, leading to the other team scoring the game winner.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I'm going to miss Hemmer, if he gets traded. Easily my favorite to watch, when I was growing up. Way to leave on a good note though ( IF traded) which is probably.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
What a night for Hemmer! Going to miss him but hopefully he gets a cup! He freaking deserves it! :handclap:

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Awesome way for him to end his oilers career, congrats and thanks for everything hemmer.

Those pushing to resign him, I guess its nice to be sentimental and all, but get real. There's no way he wants to stay any longer and really who can blame him.the man deserves to move on.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I would be very surprised if hemsky doesn't get dealt, sounded to me in mact's interview that he was as good as gone. It's a good time for him to move on and have a shot at winning. Good way to go out though

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Too bad he didn't get the Hatty but great game. Wherever he goes I'm on the bandwagon. He's going to be great in another organization.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Scrivens is going to play us right out of the Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennet pick. Hopefully we put a claim in on Dubnyk so he can bring us to the promised land of last place.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
So Ottawa waives Conacher today...

...and then they have him on the ice down a goal with 20 seconds left over Bobby Ryan

:dunno:

TopCookie

Jun 25, 2012
Gonna miss that backhand goal from hemsky! Pretty sure he's gone tomorrow; although he'll be missed, it's time to trade him

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'll miss you Hemsky :cry:

v5f3G9x.gif

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
So. Is Ottawa that bad or did the Oilers play that well?

I thought that was a close game but with Oilers having more quality scoring chances. Aka, even tho they were outshot I thought they were the better of the two teams.

Where the hell did that come from. Nice to see but really counter productive to our draft position.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
11-0-0 when Hemsky scored two goals or more?

We were idiots. We should have just played through him all of these years. :sarcasm:

Really though, I couldn't have asked for a better send off game than that from my favourite hockey player. I'm going to miss Hemsky.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
A nice sendoff for one of the most talented, enigmatic players we've seen for a long time. Whichever team you end up on Hemmer, I'll be cheering for to go all the way. :handclap:

Petry played a really great game today. Why can't the guy sustain this level throughout an entire season? For eff's sake. Should be a fun countdown to the deadline, including moving off other, extra UFA parts that we still have (was Jones a last min healthy scratch because they didn't want him damaged, or...?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad