Post-Game Talk: Hemming and Hawing: Oilers win 3-2 over Senators

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I wish for Smyth to get traded and go to game 7 with his new team, just to take a penalty in the offensive zone in the last 30 seconds on the PP, leading to the other team scoring the game winner.

didn't watch most of the game.
turned it on with 4 minutes left.
was disgusted to see Smyth on the ice.
was not shocked to see him take a dumb penalty.

If anything makes me hate Eakins, it's his insistence on playing smyth in the last 2 minutes of a game, no matter the score.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
I wish for Smyth to get traded and go to game 7 with his new team, just to take a penalty in the offensive zone in the last 30 seconds on the PP, leading to the other team scoring the game winner.

I couldn't believe that. It was almost like slow motion. I'm yelling at the screen say "don't touch him Smyth" and what does he do, but take a stupid, stupid penalty.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The gushing is odd. Funny that when Smyth was traded the most frequent comment here was "fake tears" and basically driving Smyth to the airport type comments. Didn't Smyth deserve better? A player with 3 times the career goals scored than Hemsky.

For me Hemsky was always an enigma, and usually frustrating. A guy that disappears entirely for multiple games at a time where you wonder why he's even in the lineup and who is a winger, and doesn't bring anything else to the table.

smyth was a baby and he got traded because he held out for 500K more. he tried to call kevin lowes bluff and got shipped out to NYI. Hemsky has never been a distraction, never been a bad teammate and never said anything bad about the oilers. Smyth has always been me first and hemsky never has.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
smyth was a baby and he got traded because he held out for 500K more. he tried to call kevin lowes bluff and got shipped out to NYI. Hemsky has never been a distraction, never been a bad teammate and never said anything bad about the oilers. Smyth has always been me first and hemsky never has.

It was dumb siding with Lowe over Smytty then, just as it's dumb to cast aspersions on Hemsky now.

doggone

Nov 4, 2013
Granted there still was mistakes, I was quite impressed with the overall effort. Offensive I thought we were making smart moves. While in the offensive zone without the puck we seemed to be in the right place. Defense wasn't the greatest and allowed that first shot a lot more than they should've, but we had a goalie making the first save and then the players were clearing the puck away from the net.

Overall it was a decent game to watch.

Agreed. One of the better games to watch in quite some time

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Even though he rang it off the bar, it was very nice to see Hall shoot rather than try and deke on his mini breakaway.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
One of those goals where you remember exactly where you were when it happened.

Tomorrow is going to suck when/if he gets dealt. :(

Wow, and it's Rod calling that one too. It was such a shame to listen to Michael's goal call of the first Hemsky goal during the intermission. Sounded like he was not at all interested in the amazing dangle that was going on. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad