help me rank these 10 players (step below blue chip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
TransportedUpstater said:
06-07 - AHL - AHL is a better place to learn defense. Play at least half the season at the AHL level, improving his backcheck and hopefully making his skating about average, which is where it needs to be. Play either the other half of the year in the AHL if Anaheim is a great team that year, or if they blow, bring him in for the rest of the year, and send him down to the minors for the playoffs. Or maybe sign him, give him 20 games or so in the O.C., and send him to the AHL till the fall.
He can not play in the AHL as 19 year old i think...

Transported Upstater

Fan.At said:
He can not play in the AHL as 19 year old i think...

Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Didn't Horton play some with Florida's affiliate at 19 though? If you play more than a certain amount of NHL games I'm not sure you can return to junior.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Didn't Horton play some with Florida's affiliate at 19 though? If you play more than a certain amount of NHL games I'm not sure you can return to junior.
I think Horton was only allowed to play there because of the lockout...

Transported Upstater

blah said:
I think Horton was only allowed to play there because of the lockout...

Oh ok.

What about Brent Burns though...he didn't play as many NHL games as Horton did in 03-04 (I think something around 35), but I'm almost positive Burns hasn't played in Brampton since '03.

I know Spezza played in junior longer than he needed, although he played in the AHL at 19 (I think he could because he had played 4 years in CHL...)

Does anyone else think it's remarkable for a player to do well in the CHL at 15? How many 15 year olds could even make CHL teams? I'm not sure how rigorous the "exceptional player" status thing is, but Tavares must be good in any case...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hey guys! Did you guys hear ???

Every Habs prospect should be ranked the best in the league !!! Even ahead of Crosby !!! What an amazing, amazing prospect pool !!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
After viewing the ratings in this thread I now firmly believe Brown is badly underappreciated.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
1) Zach Parise
2) Dustin Brown
3) Bobby Ryan
4) Eric Fehr
5) Rostislav Olesz
6) Alexander Perezhogin
7) Alexander Radulov
8) Patrick O'Sullivan
9) Guillaume Latendresse
10) Wojtek Woski

The last 3, I just dont see putting up significant points for 2-3 yrs. I have Brown #2, because I think he'll produce pts right away as opposed to some of the others.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Rand said:
After viewing the ratings in this thread I now firmly believe Brown is badly underappreciated.

For me, Brown will be a great player but I don't see him raking up the points like some of the other players of the list...

As for Latendresse, I repeat it again, he's a mystery for everyone on the board...

turnbuckle*

Jason MacIsaac said:
I'd say because he wasn't the second best player in the draft. I don't know what Anaheim was thinking at the time....Latendresse is the same player...maybe a little faster.

C'mon Jason...at least add a "I think" will ya? ;) Surely it's too early to be that definite?

I've yet to meet the scout that says Ryan won't be a solid NHLer, and a better one than Latendresse at that. Let's get back to this conversation in five.

BTW I disagree with saying none of these players are "blue chippers"; in fact very few of them aren't at this point.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Parise is definitely blue-chip. He's a highly skilled centre capable of 70-80 points a year, who brings oodles of grit and leadership to the table. A star in the making. I'd say Ryan, O'Sullivan and Olesz have blue-chip upside, too.

My list:

1) Parise
2) Olesz
3) O'Sullivan
4) Ryan
5) Brown
6) Fehr
7) Latendresse
8) Perezhogin
9) Radulov
10) Wolski (a definite cut below the others on this list).

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
1) Zach Parise
2) Bobby Ryan
3) Rostislav Olesz
4) Dustin Brown
5) Alexander Radulov
6) Alexander Perezhogin
7) Eric Fehr
8) Patrick O'Sullivan
9) Guillaume Latendresse
10) Wojtek Woski

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
For me, Brown will be a great player but I don't see him raking up the points like some of the other players of the list...

As for Latendresse, I repeat it again, he's a mystery for everyone on the board...

I don't know why he is a mystery to you. I remember that two years ago, the CSB ranked Latendresse 3rd best player of the 05 draft, behind Crosby and Johnson.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
1) Zach Parise
2) Dustin Brown
3) Rostislav Olesz
4) Alexander Perezhogin
5) Eric Fehr
6) Guillaume Latendresse
7) Bobby Ryan
8) Patrick O'Sullivan
9) Alexander Radulov
10) Wojtek Woski

I think this is really accurate. Top 4 are going to be very good players throughout their career. Fehr needs to put on weight and be more of a force out on the ice compared to his laid back style of play. Latendresse (though his high ranking pre-draft), Bobby Ryan and Patrick O'Sullivan all seem like boom or bust type guys to me. Latendresse and Ryan could make it out to be great 2nd line players, O'Sullivan probably somewhere on the 3rd line. Radulov and Woski are only low on my list because I don't know much about them.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Kafka said:
I don't know why he is a mystery to you. I remember that two years ago, the CSB ranked Latendresse 3rd best player of the 05 draft, behind Crosby and Johnson.
Well, one year ago ISS ranked him 3rd too behind Crosby and Berfors. Kindl was ranked 4th best player as well :D

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
Rand said:
True, and so is Perezhogin, some are even putting him after Latendresse, good god that's pathetic.

Parise shouldn't even be in this thread, he is not a step below blue chip, he is a blue chip.

Transported Upstater

Malakhov said:
True, and so is Perezhogin, some are even putting him after Latendresse, good god that's pathetic.

Parise shouldn't even be in this thread, he is not a step below blue chip, he is a blue chip.

I also think Parise is possibly above the rest of this company...

Perezhogin, at this stage, is far better than Latendresse. But then again, he's older.

That said, to me Perezhogin has far bigger upside than Latendresse.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Ovechkin8 said:
1) Zach Parise
2) Dustin Brown
3) Rostislav Olesz
4) Alexander Perezhogin
5) Eric Fehr
6) Guillaume Latendresse
7) Bobby Ryan
8) Patrick O'Sullivan
9) Alexander Radulov
10) Wojtek Woski

I think this is really accurate. Top 4 are going to be very good players throughout their career. Fehr needs to put on weight and be more of a force out on the ice compared to his laid back style of play. Latendresse (though his high ranking pre-draft), Bobby Ryan and Patrick O'Sullivan all seem like boom or bust type guys to me. Latendresse and Ryan could make it out to be great 2nd line players, O'Sullivan probably somewhere on the 3rd line. Radulov and Woski are only low on my list because I don't know much about them.

Are you kidding me O'Sullivan a third liner? He will be a fist liner almost forsure.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
It is the hype talking.

Latendresse is not the player Brown is, nor is he in Parise's neighborhood.

He's in Parise's neighbourhood in my oppinion...likely just breaking into his house to steal a hockey stick or something...but he's in the neighbourhood.

askin

Sep 21, 2005
thanks to all who responded. It seems that many think that Parise is a step above most of the others. For those who seem to think that he is a defintie 70/80 point man - were you not disappointed that he only managed 58 points in the AHL last year? (while a guy like Brown had 74 points)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad