help me rank these 10 players (step below blue chip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Squeaky said:
That just isn't true. He had one awesome game, other than that he's looked unready for the NHL. The hype on this kid is getting rediculous. Just because he's playing well now, why does that mean he has a higher ceiling than other players? Saying he's going to be a top-5 player from the draft today is getting way, way waaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. There are a bunch of guys from this draft who with proper development could blow Latendresse out of the water.

I know you, and many others, like Latendresse, but did you really need to post 6 times in a row?
Key word, could....with key development Latendresse could become the 2nd best player in the draft.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jason MacIsaac:I don't know if Latendresse is going to be considered among the top 5 players of the 05' when you look back a few years from now, what I can say, is that he shouldn't of dropped out of the 1st round IMO, he's got alot of talent, he impressed me more as a playmaker than a scorer, he's got great hands and he makes things happen with the puck...he was great in the 1st game, in the second game, although he didn't score, he was quite physical and had a few scoring chances...IMO, he's a defininate NHL player, his ceiling is that of a 1st line RW, but at worst, he'll become a 3rd or 4th line grinder...

Because of all the games i've seen, if he's not effective offensively...he is physically, he's always contributing in some form...

It's not about Latendresse being better than Ryan or vice versa, it's too early to tell right now, who cares who's better at this point, because neither of them is going to contribute this year where it matters, at the NHL level. I'd have to say that today, latendresse might be a little more advanced than Ryan, but doesn't mean he'll be the better player.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
I think the guy that's being overlooked the most here is Brown. When I look at all of these names, I think he's the players who is closest to realizing his potential. He's going to be a superb NHLer.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
1Alexander Perezhogin
2Eric Fehr
3Bobby Ryan
4Dustin Brown
5Rostislav Olesz
6Patrick O'Sullivan
7Zach Parise
8Guillaume Latendresse
9Alexander Radulov
10Wojtek Wolski

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Jason MacIsaac said:
I think even Montreal scouts underestimated Latendresse...if they knew he would improve on his skating this much they would have moved up into the first round to get him if possible.

Well, they did have him at #8 on their draft list (confirmed by Timmins earlier this week in a Montreal newspaper) so he was hardly underestimated by the Habs scouting staff. However, I get your point. They were really high on him, but for sure they didn't expect Guillaume to have such a fast progression. He's already mature enough to play in the big league, at 18 and 4 months.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
grapeshine said:
I think the guy that's being overlooked the most here is Brown. When I look at all of these names, I think he's the players who is closest to realizing his potential. He's going to be a superb NHLer.

I agree. Personally I think he will be the best of the bunch.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Frolov 6'3 said:
Where have you been the past few years ?

I've been posting here for 4 years now almost and this is thread has got to be one of the many heights of embarassment for "true" Hab fans.

All these kids ranking Latendresse this high and such. And SOME even taking him ahead of players like Ryan!?!?

This is true insanity...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I really am floored by the complete lack of a thought process that has gone on in this thread. And when you think that internet hyping couldn't get any worse, out comes a bunch of people to make you trully wonder why you bother to care about anything at all.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jon Prescription said:
I've been posting here for 4 years now almost and this is thread has got to be one of the many heights of embarassment for "true" Hab fans.

All these kids ranking Latendresse this high and such. And SOME even taking him ahead of players like Ryan!?!?

This is true insanity...

You make me laugh...do you know how many posters from teams who aren't the Habs who also ranked players like Ryan, Parise, Perezhogin, O'Sullivan, Brown low as well?

Yet you only choose to point out those crazy Habs fans :shakehead

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Jon Prescription said:
I really am floored by the complete lack of a thought process that has gone on in this thread. And when you think that internet hyping couldn't get any worse, out comes a bunch of people to make you trully wonder why you bother to care about anything at all.
I have a rope for you.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Jason MacIsaac said:
Key word, could....with key development Latendresse could become the 2nd best player in the draft.

Yeah, my key word was could. Your key word was will. Thus, the difference.

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
Jon Prescription said:

I BET YOU HAVEN'T SEEN RYAN OR LATRENDESSE PLAY MORE THEN TWICE SO WHAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT SO SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLE BECAUSE YOUR THE MOST EMBARASSING POSTER ON THIS BOARD PERIOD!!

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
DuklaNation said:
1) Zach Parise
2) Dustin Brown
3) Bobby Ryan
4) Eric Fehr
5) Rostislav Olesz
6) Alexander Perezhogin
7) Alexander Radulov
8) Patrick O'Sullivan
9) Guillaume Latendresse
10) Wojtek Woski

The last 3, I just dont see putting up significant points for 2-3 yrs. I have Brown #2, because I think he'll produce pts right away as opposed to some of the others.

I like this list. However, I would put Perezhogin behind Radulov.

As for the Habs homer, of course there are a couple that came into this thread but I think there has been a gross overreaction. It's quite easy to pick a couple of fans and say that they represent the Habs fan base, but the truth is... well, they don't speak for us. These individuals are often making the whole group look stupid, it is true, but some of the very best posters on this board are Habs fan. The same goes for Toronto. It is hard to have a respected fanbase on these boards when the fanbase's too large, or so it seems, because people cruelly lack in perspective and objectivity.

Crossroads*

1-Patrick O'Sullivan
2-Rotislav Olesz
3-Zach Parise
4-Bobby Ryan
5-Dustin Brown
6-Eric Fehr
7-Alexander Perezhogin
8-Alexander Radulov
9-Wojtek Wolski
10-Guillaume Latendresse

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Jon Prescription said:

And then you think that if you are to have a real thought process, you will eventually discover that nearly every fan who has a player from its beloved team in a ranking will put him ahead of players who are better hyped throughout the board (and I won't say 'better player' because 95% at least of the people on this board have no clue whatsoever on who's the best player, and I will include myself in the 95%).

And then it also comes up to your mind that these peoples are homer, yes, but also guided by the fact that they have way more exposition on some players than on others and that they are sometimes fans of their team first, and then fans of hockey, which will indeed bias their reflections.

And then you realize that some people will also pass judgement based on which league or junior team X player is playing, for example, MacIsaac prefers Q prospects whereas Rabid Ranger prefers American prospects.

And then you also realize that some people will take a player that's big and mean but untalented over a finesse player. Or that some guy will mainly look at intensity and character instead of soft hands.

And maybe, that way, you will one day come to realize that not only these lists are highly subjective and should only be made in good fun and not nitpick on others for their bias, since everybody's biased. The only difference with the team bias is that it is more evident, unless there is an exception (like MacIsaac obviously liking Q players).

Oh well, I think I just remembered why the prospect's board is so funny. Some people actually think they have the objective truth on players without recognizing their own biases...

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
Classic Leaf Fan

Classic 'just will put some oil on the fire and make the Habs fan looks like a bunch of idiots' reply.

On behalf of the Habs fan who didn't want to be labelled stupid again, I shall thank you... not.

Baisleyens

Sep 12, 2005
Histrion said:
Classic 'just will put some oil on the fire and make the Habs fan looks like a bunch of idiots' reply.

On behalf of the Habs fan who didn't want to be labelled stupid again, I shall thank you... not.

I agree with you on this one,

granted I think Latendresse should have been a late first rounder (and I've seen him play) but I think most of these guys are ahead of in some departments.

And also just so everybody knows it's not only the french media that hypes him (altough it probably is the majority) but I've seen a lot on TSN and Rogers Sports Net also.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
1) Bobby Ryan
2) Patrick O'Sullivan
3) Zach Parise
4) Alexander Perezhogin
4) Dustin Brown
6) Rostislav Olesz
7) Wojtek Woski
8) Eric Fehr
9)Guillaume Latendresse
10) Alexander Radulov

Roger's Pancreas*

EazyB97 said:
1) Bobby Ryan
2) Patrick O'Sullivan
3) Zach Parise
4) Alexander Perezhogin
4) Dustin Brown
6) Rostislav Olesz
7) Wojtek Woski
8) Eric Fehr
9)Guillaume Latendresse
10) Alexander Radulov

Finally a list that looks somewhat remotely realistic.

JF

Résidences Soleil?
Apr 7, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Histrion said:
I like this list. However, I would put Perezhogin behind Radulov.

As for the Habs homer, of course there are a couple that came into this thread but I think there has been a gross overreaction. It's quite easy to pick a couple of fans and say that they represent the Habs fan base, but the truth is... well, they don't speak for us. These individuals are often making the whole group look stupid, it is true, but some of the very best posters on this board are Habs fan. The same goes for Toronto. It is hard to have a respected fanbase on these boards when the fanbase's too large, or so it seems, because people cruelly lack in perspective and objectivity.

Thank you! You took the words out of my mouth... I was considering to write a similar message, but it would not have been so... diplomatic.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Histrion said:
And then you think that if you are to have a real thought process, you will eventually discover that nearly every fan who has a player from its beloved team in a ranking will put him ahead of players who are better hyped throughout the board (and I won't say 'better player' because 95% at least of the people on this board have no clue whatsoever on who's the best player, and I will include myself in the 95%).

And then it also comes up to your mind that these peoples are homer, yes, but also guided by the fact that they have way more exposition on some players than on others and that they are sometimes fans of their team first, and then fans of hockey, which will indeed bias their reflections.

And then you realize that some people will also pass judgement based on which league or junior team X player is playing, for example, MacIsaac prefers Q prospects whereas Rabid Ranger prefers American prospects.

And then you also realize that some people will take a player that's big and mean but untalented over a finesse player. Or that some guy will mainly look at intensity and character instead of soft hands.

And maybe, that way, you will one day come to realize that not only these lists are highly subjective and should only be made in good fun and not nitpick on others for their bias, since everybody's biased. The only difference with the team bias is that it is more evident, unless there is an exception (like MacIsaac obviously liking Q players).

Oh well, I think I just remembered why the prospect's board is so funny. Some people actually think they have the objective truth on players without recognizing their own biases...

I've been posting here for a long *** time. You don't need to "lecture" me on the fact that some people are definately homers. That's quite obvious. I try to look at everything pretty balanced in the long run.

Then you have posters like the ones saying Latendresse is like the 2nd best player in the draft and so on and so forth.

If you even can't admit that's ridiculous, than God help this board.

It's definately gone downhill in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->