Injury Report: Helm, concussion in camp collision

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Weird collision. Both players didn't see others. Just bad luck. Nothing to do with the drill or hockey.

Just **** happening.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I understand being concerned with the Wings regular with a history of injuries.

But seriously I am more concerned for Verrier who also has a history of injuries. He was a guy playing for hopefully a minor league hockey contract. I really hope the Wings give him a Griffin contract if only for all the rehab and medical care he is going to need. If he was to get one he was likely to play in Toledo this year, but still it is a bummer for him a broken leg while he was looking for work is just heartbreaking.

If you can light 3 million plus dollars on fire for Cleary over the last couple years, I really hope they sign this kid and work him through rehab and take care of him.

Are we confirmed from the Wings that it is a concussion? I kept reading concussion protocol on Helm. They think it will be one, but just wondering if they have outright said it yet instead of he will have to sit out regardless while being evaluated which is standard.

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
I understand being concerned with the Wings regular with a history of injuries.

But seriously I am more concerned for Verrier who also has a history of injuries. He was a guy playing for hopefully a minor league hockey contract. I really hope the Wings give him a Griffin contract if only for all the rehab and medical care he is going to need. If he was to get one he was likely to play in Toledo this year, but still it is a bummer for him a broken leg while he was looking for work is just heartbreaking.

If you can light 3 million plus dollars on fire for Cleary over the last couple years, I really hope they sign this kid and work him through rehab and take care of him.

Are we confirmed from the Wings that it is a concussion? I kept reading concussion protocol on Helm. They think it will be one, but just wondering if they have outright said it yet instead of he will have to sit out regardless while being evaluated which is standard.
Wishing a speedy recovery to both players.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779628&navid=DL|DET|home
Blashill said that Helm has a concussion and will miss at least a week,
Well look how long we lost Franzen to a concussion and is still questionable for return to play. With concussions you just don't know.

Verrier is scheduled to undergo surgery Saturday morning to insert a rod in the leg, which should speed his recovery process, according to team doctors.
Like to think the Wings will help him out, so he has access to team doctors. I would guess there is some sort of blanket insurance covering players invited to camp.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
The most annoying injuries are always the ones that happen in the preseason/training camp.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Edit*

beat me to it

Of course Helm would be more injured then we originally thought :(

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Hopefully it's not one of those years for Helm. Seems like things tend to spiral out of control for him...

Larkin should make the opening night roster, though... especially if he keeps playing like he has been this entire year.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah it started with a broken jaw when he tried to block a shot, And then he gets cut by a Nashville players skate during the playoffs the same day he gets back. and then he has spinal problems the next year and misses half the season the poor guy just can't catch a break.

Are you thinking of Eaves? He broke his jaw blocking a shot.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Im kind of hoping he misses a couple games to start the season, Larkin takes his spot, and forces Hollands hand

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Im kind of hoping he misses a couple games to start the season, Larkin takes his spot, and forces Hollands hand
Why not hope for Helm to be healthy and Larkin to actually earn a spot by himself?

Terrible to hope for an injury to any of our players, let alone one of our most useful ones.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Why not hope for Helm to be healthy and Larkin to actually earn a spot by himself?

Terrible to hope for an injury to any of our players, let alone one of our most useful ones.

Cause we all know that' not how Holland works lol. Maybe I worded it wrong.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I really hope we move on from him and Abdelkader this offseason. Those are two contracts that Detroit is going to regret if they get signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad