Pre-Game Talk: Hello, Desert. Welcome to Frozen Tundra - Leafs & Arizona at 7:30pm 1-29-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I think this'll be the streak-breaker. I'm predicting 5-2 Leafs.

Whose going to score all those goals? :naughty:

We're lucky to get 1 goal a game these days! :p:

I would not be surprised if WE GET SHUTOUT this game! :rant:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
This seems like the right time for the Leafs to start a winning streak.

Swayze*

well that separates the real fans from the bandwagoners

who of course, only watch the leafs when they're "good"

When's the last time they were good?

Its so pompous to judge other fans, especially one's who've been watching for many decades and are just fed up for now.

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
Is it even worth it to watch this team anymore? I mean there's no chance they make the playoffs. Until they ship out all the bums and start calling up the young guys is it really worth it.
It's like watching a fish in a fish tank, just redundant and pointless

Fishes are cute, don't compare them to leafs :P

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The battle for 3rd overall :yo:

That is how Leafs Lunch was selling it today.

The Buffalo/Edmonton game today is the gold medal game in the McDavid/Eichel race and

Leafs / Arizona game is the bronze medal game of teams playing for 3rd last.

Calling it the battle for the bottom 4 on the docket tonight.

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
I have never in my whole life of 22 years, been so indecisive on whether I want them to win or lose ever since the Horachuk era.

This is making it really hard on my focus for the team, because one side wants a win, but my other side wants a loss. Losses now don't really bug me anymore, I forget what it is like to win a game.
I would like to win a game and see how it affects my mind tonight, and I can get a better idea of where I'm at with this team.

I feel like if we just start losing way to many games, albeit we are already on a dramatic losing streak. I don't know/if this london continues will damage psyche of the young talent on our team.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Do you believe this roster would be a Stanley Cup contender? What is the point of making the playoffs and not win the Stanley Cup? If the Maple Leafs don't win the Stanley Cup then it is a losing season just like it would be for the other 29 teams that don't win the Cup.

There is no "second place" or "second best" award when the Stanley Cup is handed to the winning team. At least the Stanley Cup final loser has a contending team to try again, whereas the Maple Leafs that squeak into the playoffs with an underachieving team will yet again draft in the middle with lesser talented players being selected.

Teams that are at the bottom of the standings have a better chance of drafting a franchise type player then a middle round drafted player. It sucks not having a team to cheer for to win, but sometimes fans have to go through "tough love" before the team becomes contenders again.

The problem with the Leafs it's been tough love for too long for so many years the team needs to go in the other direction for once to be good again.

The management has tried to re-tool and get back into the playoffs for almost TEN years now, and it has not worked. It's time to try the other approach as the current path is not working.

You can't have the latter without the former:shakehead
Contradict yourself much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad