Pre-Game Talk: Hello, Desert. Welcome to Frozen Tundra - Leafs & Arizona at 7:30pm 1-29-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Will this be the 2015 breakout game?

Kessel with a hat trick?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Is it even worth it to watch this team anymore? I mean there's no chance they make the playoffs. Until they ship out all the bums and start calling up the young guys is it really worth it.
It's like watching a fish in a fish tank, just redundant and pointless

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Expecting they build off last night and win here.

Interesting watching Granberg, he's an Aki Berg clone.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
So many posters in the predictions for this game think the Leafs are going to win. We all know how it is going to be. The Cyotes are like the Canes.... bottom feed team but they can never beat them.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
So many posters in the predictions for this game think the Leafs are going to win. We all know how it is going to be. The Cyotes are like the Canes.... bottom feed team but they can never beat them.

Arizona does have only 38 points and Leafs 48 points so Leafs are the favourites here.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I would actually say Leafs are heavy favourites.

In fact, of all the games going on tonight, the only team I would say is more likely to win than the Leafs would be Edmonton, who are playing the Sabres.

I'm pretty sure the Sabres are deliberately trying to lose games at this point.

Also, from a corsi/fenwick POV, the Leafs, in their last 4 weeks of home games, have a corsi for % of 54.8 (score within 1) at 5v5. Arizona has CF% of 44.7 for away games.

As a comparison, the Sabres have a corsi for % of 35.6 on the road over that span. So yeah, they're pretty much allowing on average 1:2 shots for/against.

Imagine if this was boxing and the Sabres were allowing their opponent to land two punches every time they tried to land one... yeesh...

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Is it even worth it to watch this team anymore? I mean there's no chance they make the playoffs. Until they ship out all the bums and start calling up the young guys is it really worth it.
It's like watching a fish in a fish tank, just redundant and pointless

Yea, it's very hard to care about the games at this point. Hope Granberg gets more than 9 minutes of ice time tonight, one of the few things of interest in the game.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Will this be the 2015 breakout game?

Kessel with a hat trick?

It's definitely going to happen at some point. Might even have them going on a winning streak and shooting something like 25% during that time.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i think we lose a close one tonight. 2-1 yotes.

leafs have always been awful against teams that are lower than them.

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
Still quite a bit of hockey left in the season. I think if the Leafs can just squeak out ONE win, they can find a small groove and hopefully start a small winning streak.

To the people who want the team to tank, why even watch them play then? I'd rather this team at least have a small chance to make it to the post-season instead of just "tanking" every season and becoming the east coast Oilers.

Losing mentality creates losers. Leafs win 3-1, and the Leafs FINALLY start to get out of this hole.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
In 2015 the Leafs are 1-9-1 in 11 games.

During that time Kessel has 1-2-3 points -10 (with 1-1-2 points on PP) and only 1 ES assist in 11 games.

You have to think Kessel is due.

Perhaps but it's a day late and a dollar short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille