Confirmed with Link: Helle and Scheifele re-signed 7x8.5M each

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Wow. Totally gobsmacked. Did not see this coming. Going to post a sentry outside in case my ex wife suddenly shows up on the property because obviously anything is possible.:D

So the entire off season was posturing on the part of these two looking to most money either could from the Jets and neither had any intention of leaving or did both come to their senses and realize that based on their lofty expectations there simply was no market for them?

Or are either or both of these contracts potentially just sign and trade contracts now that their values have been set?

Hellebuyck back most definitely gives us a chance to have some success going forward, IMO if he's focused and not the Helle who looks totally bewildered when a puck actually gets passed him. Scheifele though a valuable asset offensively I'm lukewarm on if he's the Scheifele of old who defense is just sumething in de yard.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Zero issues with the price. Both of them were underpaid to this point, now they might be a little overpaid by the end. Nice to have a couple career Jets.
You know what? Agreed. Scheifele was massively underpaid as a top-line center for the last 6 years. Too bad they couldn't fully maximize his value in that time by winning a cup, but not everyone gets to win a cup.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Amazing news. People will bitch about the term on both but the AAVs are just about perfect

The "tear it down and suck for a decade to get a couple of hopefully decent picks" crowd is gonna hate these lol
In seven years that could be the salary of an average third liner. Chevy was backed into a corner and came out smelling like a rose.

I was expecting disappointing returns for PLD, Scheifele and Hellebuyck, and ended up being very pleasantly surprised at all outcomes.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
In seven years that could be the salary of an average third liner. Chevy was backed into a corner and came out smelling like a rose.

I was expecting disappointing returns for PLD, Scheifele and Hellebuyck, and ended up being very pleasantly surprised at all outcomes.
It's gotten to a point where that could go on chevy's headstone some day

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Haven't seen eye to eye with Chevy in the past but today

d0491d3d235d3c6770014825af0d2961.gif

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Incredible. Scheif contract might be a bit rough in about 5-6 years BUT I'm not confident we have anyone ready to fill in as #1C any time soon. Plus, Scheif makes good on his desire to stay a here for his whole career, which is what he said very early on - that he admired Yzerman for staying with one club his whole career.

Very happy overall with both of these.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
Like everyone else, this caught me off guard. I've been waiting for a thread starting either or both have been signed elsewhere to pop up for some time now, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Love the Helle signing, but feeling less than lukewarm about Scheif. Hopefully this money motivates him to get his shit together and play to his full potential for the next 7 years.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Great value for Helle! Pretty decent for Scheifele as well considering he was underpaid for the last several years.
So do these contracts kick in right now, or only after the end of the year when the current contract expires?
In other words, do we have them for 8 more years or seven?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They made it clear they weren't going to rebuild, so this >>>>> them walking in UFA. Cap hit is fine (people really need to wrap their head around the fact the cap is going to be rising a lot). They'll likely be much worse players at the end, but it's better than wasting Ehlers, Morrissey's Connor etcs primes looking for solutions.
helle got basically the same as sorokin. people really shouldn't be complaining.
Great value for Helle! Pretty decent for Scheifele as well considering he was underpaid for the last several years.
So do these contracts kick in right now, or only after the end of the year when the current contract expires?
kicks in 23-24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad