Heiskanen, the future Norris trophy winner just entered the league?

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Some of these young kids on D just have so much confidence its fun to watch. I can wait until Quinn Hughes gets on the Canucks next year to see what he can do.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
He should have the edge in the ballot come the next few years after this one. Heck, he's firing with full cylinders straight out in his very first games while Dahlin has had to been reduced to a low-minute role due to lack of ability on the NHL ice so far.. the future will be quite interesting.

Stars have 10 goals and Heiskanen has 0 points, I don't see a situation where Dahlin wouldn't be in on some of those goals. If he had Seguin and Benn to dish the puck to this wouldn't even be a discussion.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
He should have the edge in the ballot come the next few years after this one. Heck, he's firing with full cylinders straight out in his very first games while Dahlin has had to been reduced to a low-minute role due to lack of ability on the NHL ice so far.. the future will be quite interesting.

Jesus :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oh ****, a Jokiharju thread? Neat.

Oh wait, this is a thread for the guy who isn't tied for most points for rookie defensemen or is tied in plus/minus for rookie defensemen. That's fine.

I'm kidding, sorta. Jokiharju is awesome, but Heiskanen is very impressive in his own way. But he sure as hell isn't underrated. Not for his age.
3. Games.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
What? It’s been 2 games and they’ve both averaged 20min of ice time. WTF is this comment? Dahlin has looked good.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
4 in 2 for Chabot ...Lots of good young defenders ,I was listening last night and I heard Gustasson,s name quite a bit making solid plays,seems like the Hawk blueline has been improved
Gus sucks. He's a rollercoaster on the back end.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Saying Heiskanen doesn't get hype because he plays for Dallas implies you think Dahlin gets hype because he player for Buffalo. If you think Buffalo gets any attention aside from pointing out how bad we are you are mistaken.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Well you've just shown everyone that you either haven't watched Dahlin play or aren't able to evaluate a player outside of goals and assists. Your opinion can be dismissed

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Like I said I only listened,and everytime i heard his name he was moving the puck up ...He is still pretty young no??

He doesn’t suck. He’s a nice bottom pair guy that can play minutes when needed. He has a top 4 skill set but has been unable to clean up his game on D to have consistency to be one. His passing and vision is very good.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He doesn’t suck. He’s a nice bottom pair guy that can play minutes when needed. He has a top 4 skill set but has been unable to clean up his game on D to have consistency to be one. His passing and vision is very good.
So there is still hope,defense can be taught and Coach Q should be able to work with him ...But from an outside observer,the Hawk blueline has had it skill and mobility buffed

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Heiskanen and Jokiharju top pairing in the future? Finland is gonna be down right nasty if they’re ever allowed to go to the olympics again.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars have 10 goals and Heiskanen has 0 points, I don't see a situation where Dahlin wouldn't be in on some of those goals. If he had Seguin and Benn to dish the puck to this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Heiskanen hasn't had Seguin and Benn to dish the puck too. He's been playing with the Stars third forward line mostly as a shutdown pairing against other teams top players and hasn't gotten much offensive zone time. Hence why he only has 2 shots so far. He has generated several scoring opportunities that guys haven't finished off though, and could've had an assist on the first goal of the year but Faksa deflected it just a little so he got the primary assist and Carrick the 2nd. He also does not see any first PP unit time. 9 out of the 10 Stars goals have been from the top line/PP and 1 from Klingberg. The other was from Shore, which came only thanks to Heiskanen.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I wouldn't even mention those two in the same sentence. One was a leader on his team, one played a sheltered role and was hand fed his points.
McAvoy's better for sure, but I tend to be pretty content when a 19yo defensemen puts up a 0.5ppg season. No matter the role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad