Heiskanen, the future Norris trophy winner just entered the league?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No hype? He was reportedly not available for Karlsson and all last season all we heard was how amazing he will be. Now he has two games under his belt on a good D core and suddenly he has no hype? We have people saying he will be the best D in the league.

Also Dalhin is more impressive. He is on a trash team and I watched their first game. He was the only one who could deny zone entry on that team and made tons of smart decisions with the puck in his own zone. He already looked like the best player on the team including over Eichel and honestly that is more impressive than going onto a team with established stars.

Nah he entered the league last season actually.

Thomas Chabot baby.

Doesn't count if it's against the Leafs defense.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Hype happens before the draft and can continue into the season. Se dahlin for that.

I don't follow prospects outside of maybe the top ones on my own team and i know who dahlin is. This kid i have no clue.
you weren't curious who Dallas picked with their lottery pick? I had no idea the kid was this good before this season but I certainly knew who he was.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I predict that many future Norris winners are playing in this league.
Every team has one, maybe 2 when they are 18-20 years old. Their flaws are glossed over and their strengths are magnified. Remember the hype that Phaneuf and Myers got during their rookie years.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I have to say he is not overlooked at all just a month ago in the summer he was considered the far and away best D prospect by many.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Stop with the jinx thread. Yes, his second shift was impressive, but it's two games in. He's immediately slotted in to playing the 3rd most minutes of the defense on this team and has held his own, but I'm gonna temper my expectations. He's been impressive as a 19 year old who seems to be adjusting to the smaller ice surface and speed of the game pretty well, but let's see how he handles the grind of the full season before we start labeling him anything.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
There are so many good young dmen that are rookies and that are in this league. The competition is just going to be insane but it's good to see Heiskanen getting all this recognition (4-5 threads I think in the past few days lol)

Incredible that he has stepped in and so far doesn't even look like a rookie. Looks like the Stars traded for Erik Karlsson and he is wearing #4, that's honestly what it looks like. His poise and confidence is on a level that even the Stars other defenseman aren't at right now (other than Klingberg offensively). Really impressive for a kid and down the line he will certainly get Norris recognition but theres a ton of competition. Jokiharju, Valimaki, Chabot, Provorov, Jones, Dahlin, etc. All look great

Reactions: brighteststars

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Wow! that was an impressive shift. I've seen him play a few other games and he is just a fantastic player.

Congrats Stars fans.

Reactions: Kcb12345

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I believe there are many young defenseman in the NHL that are capable of winning the Norris including the ones listed here, it doesn't happen over night it take a few years in the league to become a NHL Norris trophy winner. Can anyone tell me when was the last time a someone won the Norris in their rookie season?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Oh shit, a Jokiharju thread? Neat.

Oh wait, this is a thread for the guy who isn't tied for most points for rookie defensemen or is tied in plus/minus for rookie defensemen. That's fine.

I'm kidding, sorta. Jokiharju is awesome, but Heiskanen is very impressive in his own way. But he sure as hell isn't underrated. Not for his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad