Post-Game Talk: Heartbreaking But We Have To Accept It... (Habs 1-2 Caps)

DOTG? (04/04/2019)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
How do you finish behind the Hurricanes and Islanders....last time i checked they do not have a Carey Price and they lost Tavares and Skinner and they both missed the playoffs last year.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The question will be.. moving forward.. do we go back to the style that made us successful or do we continue with the bastardized version of it employed late by Julien that emphasized reliable players like Nate minus Twompson
More a certainty than a question, Claude's a role player junkie and MB's his dealer

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Mid February playoff chances were at 84%. Tough to say overall good season because expectations were low in September.

Reactions: PaulD

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Absolutely, everyone knows after the top 5 Montreal is looking to fill out their 3rd line! Is there a juicy journeyman player ready for us to snatch up? One who isn't really great at anything but ok at everything!
Wherever the Habs end up picking, that prospect is likely to b come their #1 prospect and they've already got a pretty group of prospects.

Which means they have valuable assets and the more you have, the more flexibility you have to address roster needs.

This idea that if you're not drafting in the top 5, that you pretty much may as well not draft anyone at all....

Has become such a tired narrative

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Habs are just points behind the Winnipeg Jets so yes, Les Habitants had a superlative season so calls for Bergevin's head will not be entertained.
The Jets and their fans are disappointed in their season and the way they are playing. Obviously they have a higher bar in Winnipeg.

Bergevin has lowered the bar in Montreal and it serves HIM well. Obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What about our forwards ? What did they do ?

Weber scored a huge goal for us. You can try 1000 times but if nothing comes from it, it's worthless.

Forward let the habs down and they let them down hard.

Dude im not writing an essay about what or who made us lose last game. I was just talking about Weber specifically.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Mid February playoff chances were at 84%. Tough to say overall good season because expectations were low in September.
Thats the line for success now in Montreal now. To beat fans/medias low expectations from last summer.

They are like a baby team.
Awwww. Aint that cute. Look how hard they tried. Give them all a trophy.

Last edited:
Reactions: the and Habaneros

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
On a last positive note for this season, if Columbus wins tonight....and they probably will, i hope to see Poehling against Toronto Saturday

Reactions: Tighthead

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
How do you finish behind the Hurricanes and Islanders....last time i checked they do not have a Carey Price and they lost Tavares and Skinner and they both missed the playoffs last year.
Also. Philly, Detroit, and Florida are IN the play offs if they had Price.

Price can put just about any team in the play offs.

You have to have assembled a terrible line up to not make the play offs with Carey Price in net.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
:laugh:

Let's say it again. Fire Bergevin !
Of course fire Bergevin he has accomplished nothing in 7 years.....he takes no accountability.....last year was bad because of bad attitude that's all bergevin kept saying.....no they were bad last year because Bergevin did not get Radulov and Markov signed and replaced them with Alzner,Streit,Hemsky and did not spend his cap space....but it was the players fault.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Fire Bergevin! Fire Weber! Stanley Cup or nothing !

So.. that's it ? Right ? (I want to be part of the gang)

IF we didn't live in a Quebec world...lol the Habs should be all over Yzerman...offer him double the cash to come here....because he is the better guy who didn't use excuses or hope in Tampa Bay...he built a high power offence team because look at how many goals he scored in his career(692)..he understood it .As a Habsfan what would you rather watch for your hard earned dollars? Tampa Bay is a legit cup contender...Montreal just dreamers(hope for a lucky bounce)

Reactions: Miller Time

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

Measuring the season based solely on standings and expectations may not really be relevant (and not dating you are doing that).

What we don’t know is what the goals were for this season in terms of MB’s overall plan.

Not trading anyone at the deadline seems like a lost opportunity. I think it should have been part of the plan all along.

KK looks solid, I honestly have no clue if this season was the best development option for him. It may well have been.

Juulsen injury was unfortunate. I didn’t see any progression from Mete. I still don’t see a credible partner for Weber anywhere in the system.

Our backup goalie imploded and there was no plan in place.

Domi was a big pickup and took pressure off the eternal C void, as did Danault. Drouin doesn’t look like part of the solution.

I would have preferred to see a player or two dumped at the deadline to add picks or prospects. I think that should have been the plan in July, with no deviation.

I feel like the coaching and management of the team is far too reactive.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
You want a team that can't contend?

Bergevin must be your best friend for having such a low standard.

I like the rebuilding we are doing right now. Lots of good prospects coming in.

I don't care if he's fired or not. That's the difference, some of you seem to can't sleep at night until he's fired. Let's fire him when we will want to contend. For now, it's a getting younger period.

IF we didn't live in a Quebec world...lol the Habs should be all over Yzerman...offer him double the cash to come here....because he is the better guy who didn't use excuses or hope in Tampa Bay...he built a high power offence team because look at how many goals he scored in his career(692)..he understood it .As a Habsfan what would you rather watch for your hard earned dollars? Tampa Bay is a legit cup contender...Montreal just dreamers(hope for a lucky bounce)

Bof. Yea, he's probably better, but you're as good as your scouts (pro and amateur). I don't think the problem is the GM right now, it's lack of #1 C. Kotkaniemi could be that but I think he's a #2 most likely.

Last edited:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Measuring the season based solely on standings and expectations may not really be relevant (and not dating you are doing that).

What we don’t know is what the goals were for this season in terms of MB’s overall plan. He said it, battling every night = check they did it.

Not trading anyone at the deadline seems like a lost opportunity. I think it should have been part of the plan all along. Agree with you BUT I understand why.. we were in the playoffs at that time. At least he sold NOTHING for rentals.

KK looks solid, I honestly have no clue if this season was the best development option for him. It may well have been. The best way to be better is to play with better players.

Juulsen injury was unfortunate. I didn’t see any progression from Mete. I still don’t see a credible partner for Weber anywhere in the system. Mete had a better season but his ceilings his #4-5 max on a contender.

Our backup goalie imploded and there was no plan in place. Agree, we lost the playoffs right there. Need to be corrected this summer, don't see Lindgren as a solution.

Domi was a big pickup and took pressure off the eternal C void, as did Danault. Drouin doesn’t look like part of the solution. Agree on Domi and Danault. I would try Drouin another year... except if we have a really good offer for a top 3 d-man. I still like Sergachev-Drouin trade, Sergachev is too lost in d-zone.

I would have preferred to see a player or two dumped at the deadline to add picks or prospects. I think that should have been the plan in July, with no deviation. Agree, but again, they kept the team for the players that gave it all.

I feel like the coaching and management of the team is far too reactive.

comments in bold :)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
didnt lose because of goaltending.

Habs lost because they could not score.

Bourque and Larry lead the team in scoring. Enough said.

We still would have won with a healthy Price. Smart move by Kreider to "accidentally" take him out and suffer no consequences from the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad