OT: Health and Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Like just focus on those workouts and hold off on doing weights, or do those workouts a few minutes before lifting?

I would do mobility based stuffed before your workout to help open things up. Think rotational movements. Most people only move north-south and east-west when doing just about anything from working out to just day to day stuff.

Ever notice professional athletes warmup before a game? They’re always doing rotational based stuff to prep the body for the more intense stuff.

Hips, shoulders, and spine are what need to be rotated the most.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
@RememberTheRoar I’d also tape yourself to make sure you’re going through the full range of motion. A lot of people are only doing say 80-85% of a full squat to try and lift heavier weights and this can cause some issues too. So even just some simple body weight squats getting into a really deep full range of motion of the squat or whatever exercise can help a lot.

I use to be particularly bad with the above with lunges and they always hurt to do.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
@RememberTheRoar I’d also tape yourself to make sure you’re going through the full range of motion. A lot of people are only doing say 80-85% of a full squat to try and lift heavier weights and this can cause some issues too. So even just some simple body weight squats getting into a really deep full range of motion of the squat or whatever exercise can help a lot.

I use to be particularly bad with the above with lunges and they always hurt to do.

I usually go back of quads to back of calves when I squat. Butt nearly hits the floor.

I was actually thinking I may be going too far and that is what’s hurting my knees.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
That’s the range of motion you typically want. Anything less than parellel is not effective in the long run.

It could also have to do with how you are breaking. If you are breaking solely with the knees (that is not at all with your hips) it can be putting undue stress on your knees.

I would definitely take a video of your squat though. It can really help highlight flaws in your overall form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad