OT: Health and Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
So on April 20 I weighed almost 190 lbs. just weighed myself this morning and the scale read 159. Pretty damn happy with the progress. This is right around where I want to be moving forward.

That's awesome! Good for you. What have you been doing since April?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So on April 20 I weighed almost 190 lbs. just weighed myself this morning and the scale read 159. Pretty damn happy with the progress. This is right around where I want to be moving forward.

Time to get yourself some new threads.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Switched from high reps, med weights to med reps, high weights, almost a linear program again .

Gonna give it a whirl for a while.

Reactions: TorMenT

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Feels great when you’re stuck at a weight on StrongLifts 5x5 and you’re on your 3rd day attempting that weight and you get it. Was gonna have to deload next week for OHP but instead got it done. Measly 85lbs but still got it. Before taking August off for various reasons, I failed 75lbs at one point.

I also remember when a 95lb squat felt heavy and now I’m at 170.

Deadlifted over 200 today.

Definitely making progress.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
@Illinihockey what does your weekly cardio look like? I'm thinking 3 days, 10-15 mins .

I put up 262.5lbs on Bench x 3 times. Tried for 1RM @ 305lbs and failed (wife spotted me) :( feelsbadman. I used too much energy earlier in workout

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@Illinihockey what does your weekly cardio look like? I'm thinking 3 days, 10-15 mins .

I put up 262.5lbs on Bench x 3 times. Tried for 1RM @ 305lbs and failed (wife spotted me) :( feelsbadman. I used too much energy earlier in workout

It used to be running on Wednesday and hockey on Sunday (lift M-T-Th-F) but I switched my routine and run 2 miles on Tuesday and 2 miles on Thursday then hockey on Sunday (Lift M-W-F).

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
It used to be running on Wednesday and hockey on Sunday (lift M-T-Th-F) but I switched my routine and run 2 miles on Tuesday and 2 miles on Thursday then hockey on Sunday (Lift M-W-F).

Thanks.

I've read that if your goal is building strength and mass, you don't really want to run TOO much. Not sure if it is true or not. Or you need to just need to eat a shit ton more .

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks.

I've read that if your goal is building strength and mass, you don't really want to run TOO much. Not sure if it is true or not. Or you need to just need to eat a **** ton more .

Ya I'm trying to lean down some. Was getting to the point I was getting a little boxy and the extra mass was making it hard to play hockey.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Seriously don't get how people run. First run was bad, I had zero stamina. I'm up to around 9 mins straight at a solid pace. I feel like I'm 90 years old .

Everyone has different lung capacity and on top of that, you are a weight lifter so the muscles require a lot more oxygen even though they don’t help you run.

Reactions: Easy E

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Everyone has different lung capacity and on top of that, you are a weight lifter so the muscles require a lot more oxygen even though they don’t help you run.
Pish posh get your science out of here .

Lol makes sense .

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Pish posh get your science out of here .

Lol makes sense .

It’s a double edged sword. On the one hand, being jacked gets automatic respect from men and is very attractive to women. On the other hand, world class stamina is far more advantageous in fighting and other activities. A balance is probably best, but at the end of the day people should do what makes them happy with themselves and most confident.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
It’s a double edged sword. On the one hand, being jacked gets automatic respect from men and is very attractive to women. On the other hand, world class stamina is far more advantageous in fighting and other activities. A balance is probably best, but at the end of the day people should do what makes them happy with themselves and most confident.

Lol. Not sure I would classify fighting as a pro. I don't need to be out there picking fights with dudes. I get what you mean tho.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Been running 40-60 miles a week lately. All trails. Love it.

I’m guessing you guys are running on treadmills at the gym? Yeah, that f***ing sucks.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well, @Easy E is running on that awesome cheap treadmill homeboy delivered to his house. I’m going to follow his lead and buy one for my home in the coming weeks. Was looking on LetGo and yeah, there are some top of the line ones barely used. Not as cheap as what Easy got but still about half price from retail. Right now I am not running, needed to acquire capital, just working non-stop for months, still trying to take care of myself though and anxious to get back to it.

Running outside is harder than running on a treadmill IMO, you’re a beast Ray.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Well, @Easy E is running on that awesome cheap treadmill homeboy delivered to his house. I’m going to follow his lead and buy one for my home in the coming weeks. Was looking on LetGo and yeah, there are some top of the line ones barely used. Not as cheap as what Easy got but still about half price from retail. Right now I am not running, needed to acquire capital, just working non-stop for months, still trying to take care of myself though and anxious to get back to it.

Lol. You can find em, just takes some time. It's a little bit underpowered for me but what can I expect for $240, it works.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Running on a treadmill is mentally defeating and 100 times more difficult than getting outside.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Lol. You can find em, just takes some time. It's a little bit underpowered for me but what can I expect for $240, it works.

Yeah, I hear ya, definitely need a commercial for myself. Can’t go wrong with what you have as a starter and then you can get a badass one later. The biggest thing is the delivery, they’re a major pain in the ass to move. I’m inclined to buy a brand new one because of the delivery.

Running on a treadmill is mentally defeating and 100 times more difficult than getting outside.

Interesting. I know you are right because everyone calls it the “dreadmill” and a lot of people avoid it or take it easy on it at the gym.

For me, I need it because once that belt is moving, I have no choice and am committed to it. Turning it off never crosses my mind and the longer and harder I go, the longer and harder I want to go. I only stop so I don’t burn too much muscle or mess up my endocrine system, not because I want to or think it will do anything to me if I keep going, just trying not to ignore the science of overtraining.

But running outside, I’ll go about a quarter mile and say f*** this, I’m gonna walk for awhile. But I know I’m weird that way. I can be pretty lazy if I want to be but when backed into a corner like the moving belt of the treadmill, I feel much stronger mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->