OT: Health and Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
:laugh:

Just read the 4 week water diet thing. Reminded me of this...

Yeah, that diet probably messes you up mentally. Whenever I watch those survivor shows, most people start going loco from the lack of food and they are still at least eating something.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
You're putting up 245 at 180? **** :laugh:

At my peak high school hockey/soccer days I was only able to get 205. But then again I suck at bench (and most lifting in general lol). It also doesn't help that I'm super gangly

Right I played hockey which is why my bench has always been terrible and at that time was probably not even 205. Now I'm old and just play senior hockey so my workout routine isn't necessarily hockey based.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
245 was my best bench ever and that was my senior year of high school. Never did or tried to do that much again in the immediate years after when I was still playing.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I sit here and eat my leftover pizza at work on lunch... and hate myself for not getting my fat ass to the gym. Screw you guys. :laugh:

And as far as a four week, nothing but water diet goes? Yeah... I'd prefer it if my body didn't eat itself for 4 weeks. Because that's all that is happening.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I sit here and eat my leftover pizza at work on lunch... and hate myself for not getting my fat ass to the gym. Screw you guys. :laugh:

And as far as a four week, nothing but water diet goes? Yeah... I'd prefer it if my body didn't eat itself for 4 weeks. Because that's all that is happening.

So you’re the guy who makes the whole office smell like pizza and nobody else gets any.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Right I played hockey which is why my bench has always been terrible and at that time was probably not even 205. Now I'm old and just play senior hockey so my workout routine isn't necessarily hockey based.

How old we talking?

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL

Man, I played football and lifted almost every day in high school. Never beat 175. Joined the Army, took a while to get back to 175, and never beat it while in the Army. Went with a buddy to his gym last Friday, and of course he wanted to show off his lifting ability, cause it's all he does. I go to take a piss, come back, and he has 200 loaded onto the bar (think that made it 215 IIRC). I laughed at him, took it down to 150 and could only do two reps. Was never a great lifter, but 150 used to be what I would lift to maintain. Now it's practically my max.

Was still able to absolutely smoke him on the leg press though. Was always my strong suit.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
It depends how you're lifting, most high school sports lifting programs are focused more on size while maintain athleticism.

If you're powerlifting you should be able to get up to 225

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Last night’s dinner. Delicious.

-chopped chicken thighs, little less than a pound. cook ahead of time and then chill them.
-2 avocados
-half an onion, diced
-3 tomatoes, diced
-2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro (anyone who doesn’t like cilantro can f*** off)
-juice of 1 lime

Mix all that together, and we had it like a taco on a lettuce wrap. Delicious. Almost like a chicken salad.

Last edited:

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Hope everyone is doing well with their goals. I want to make a point about the importance of sleep. I had my birthday over the weekend and needless to say I celebrated and had a good time. There wasn’t anything healthy about it and it spanned 4 days. It had to be that way because my friends and family all wanted to celebrate with me. Well, I wasn’t getting good sleep or enough of it. Yesterday was back to normal day and I felt a mild sadness most of the day. It was frustrating because I was so happy mentally coming off so much fun. But it wasn’t a mental thing, it was physical and there was nothing I could do about it. I guess my serotonin or whatever was messed up.

Well, I figured sleep would help so I went to bed early last night, I don’t even think it was 9 and slept like a baby all night, about 10 hours worth. I feel like a million bucks now and it’s great. So that’s just a long winded way to say your physical well being is affected by the quality and quantity of your sleep. If I didn’t have the mental state I do these days, it could have grown into something mental for sure. And reflecting on my past, I am sure that it did many times. Don’t mess around too much with your sleep, good mattress, good mattress pad, clean sheets, clean room, make your bed everyday, it all factors into it.
Not to discount the important of sleep but if you've drawn a lot, anxiety is a symptom of alcohol withdrawal...

Alcohol Withdrawal Causes Severe Anxiety Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig