" He got us here"

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Agree with you 100% - thats horrible logic... Fleury is and will always be a choker. It's just a fact.

Some players play well in the big games. Fleury does not

I'd actually say that the Crosby/Malkin may have 1-2 more cups if it wasn't for Fleury's continual meltdowns. Pens should have jettisoned him a long time ago

I remember Murray looking real lousy against the Sharks and letting up some Charmin soft goals.

His team bailed him out. Vegas has been outplayed. The game doesn't hinge on one player.

When Ovechkin scored after Fleury stopped 4 shots [some being incredible saves] I knew this series was over.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I remember Murray looking real lousy against the Sharks and letting up some Charmin soft goals.

His team bailed him out. Vegas has been outplayed. The game doesn't hinge on one player.

When Ovechkin scored after Fleury stopped 4 shots [some being incredible saves] I knew this series was over.

There's moments in a game and/or series where you just know a certain team will win. Examples:

Lidstrom goal on Cloutier; Gomez disallowed goal in game 6 in 01, followed by Footes goal from the blue line; Messier hit on Potvin; Ovi's goal was that moment.

But the above poster is correct about the Pens having a few more cups possibly. MAF was abysmal in 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Pittsburgh fans ****ting on their ex. *yawn*

A Penguins fan who hates on Fleury is not a true Penguins fan . That dude is loved in Pittsburgh; he helped win you three Cups. Three . And it's not like he asked to leave Pittsburgh.

That's like Oiler fans hating on Ryan Smyth because we dealt him to the Islanders. And how many cups did he help us win? Please refresh my memory .

Christ, some people...

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
A Penguins fan who hates on Fleury is not a true Penguins fan . That dude is loved in Pittsburgh; he helped win you three Cups. Three . And it's not like he asked to leave Pittsburgh.

That's like Oiler fans hating on Ryan Smyth because we dealt him to the Islanders. And how many cups did he help us win? Please refresh my memory .

Christ, some people...

Was Ryan Smyth ever considered one of the worst playoff performers ever, like Fleury was? Then your comparison would make sense.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Coaches get fired for their stubborness.
Right now your backs against the wall down 3-1.

This has to be sarcasm, right?

You think Gallant is gonna get fired for starting Fleury next game? :laugh:

We are a freakin expansion team and are not even supposed to be here. Gallant has the Jack Adams on lockdown. This is perhaps the greatest over-achievement in the history of professional sports!

Last edited:

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah, Fleury is at fault for the constant defensive breakdowns. Also for his poor vision in the offensive zone and horrible shot selection. Bad pinches and bad reads in the neutral zone.

Oh wait, there are 5 other skaters on the ice other than Fleury, and have left him out to dry on multiple goals.

no hes not. but he is responsible for only stopping 84.5% of the shots this series. Thats pathetic. its ok to admit that.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
no hes not. but he is responsible for only stopping 84.5% of the shots this series. Thats pathetic. its ok to admit that.
Have you seen some of the quality shots he's been up against.

I mean, I get the argument that he plays aggressive and maybe he should adjust his game slightly due to the defensive lapses. But there is also no excuse on these cross-ice passes to the open shooter time and time again. How many goals have been scored by that open shooter?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
How is Fleury's story any different from Rinne or Hellebuyck?
he's been a lot lot better than rinne who was god awful when the chips were down.

and he's still playing, he still has a chance ( slim as it is) to turn it around. rinne and hellebuck, not so much. If the vegas defense plays better, fleury could still be the difference.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Grubauer got Washington into the playoffs and after two bad games was benched.
It may be time for a change in Vegas.
on an elimination game you want to throw your second stringer to the lions and hope for the best ????????

yikes !

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Yeah, Fleury is at fault for the constant defensive breakdowns. Also for his poor vision in the offensive zone and horrible shot selection. Bad pinches and bad reads in the neutral zone.

Oh wait, there are 5 other skaters on the ice other than Fleury, and have left him out to dry on multiple goals.
Oh and you forgot to mention coaching has something to do with this also.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This has to be sarcasm, right?

You think Gallant is gonna get fired for starting Fleury next game? :laugh:

We are a freakin expansion team and are not even supposed to be here. Gallant has the Jack Adams on lockdown. This is perhaps the greatest over-achievement in the history of professional sports!
I'm glad somebody gets me.
Why are people so darn serious it's only a freakin hockey game?

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad